Chapter 26

----Ghosts POV----

Sunlight poured into the room, illuminating Embers long eyelashes in a soft glow. Her breathing soft and even as she slept. Ember was still on my chest from the night before. I ran my fingers through her hair softly, engulfed in this moment before a sharp knock on our door pulled me from the moment. I sighed, shaking my head before pulling my balaclava back over my face. 

"Enter." I stated, wrapping Ember closer to me to try and keep her asleep. 

"Mornin' LT, just came to get-" Soap entered, his eyes falling on Embers frame. "You two uh.. comfortable?" He teased, a soft laugh echoing. 

"Yes. Very. And you're disturbing us." I said flatly, my hand around Embers exposed ear. 

"Soap! Those two up yet? We're leaving!" Gaz bellowed. 

"Gaz! Get in here and look at this shit!" Soap leaned on the door frame, smirking as Gaz walked up. 

"Awe look at the two LT's, huddled together for warmth." Gaz cheeked, watching as Ember shifted slightly in my grasp. 

"You two better get out. She's not a very big morning person." 

"She scares you LT?" Soap smiled, unmoving from his place next to Gaz. 

"Very much so." A soft groan came from Ember, burying her head into my chest more. Hoping she was still asleep my eyes met the two mens. "You two better start praying..."

"Simon... Shut the dogs up.." She sighed, bloodshot eyes barely visible through her hair.

"I would love, but they wont listen."

Ember pushed herself up, stradling my hips and pulling her hair back. Her tired eyes met those of the men, if looks could kill they'd have passed on the spot. My hands grasped her hips, holding her steady before she stood up.

Dressed in my t-shirt from last night and her dark underwear, she was truly a sight. Her hair fell lazily around her shoulders and wisped her face.

My heart raced watching her storm over to the two Sargents, yelling at them and jamming her finger into their sternums. The things this woman could do to me...

"...And if you EVER think of waking me up again like this I will smoke you until you're cryin' for your damn mommies!"

Soap and Gaz had recoiled out of the room now. Trying to escape the scantily clothed woman.

Soaps eyes lingered a little too long on her legs, I stand up and quietly find my way behind her. My hand found its way comfortably on her waist as I held her in place.

"You heard her boys. Fuck off." I growled.

They ran, running to Price and letting her slam the door. You could hear them yelling about us scaring them and Price laughing.

Assholes.

"Im used to being the mom of the group, but this is fucking ridiculous." She sighed, shaking her head and turning to smile at me. "At least you're mostly self sufficient."

"Mostly?"

"You have your moments darlin'." Walking further into the room she grabbed her clothes from yesterday. Slowly shifting out of the shirt she was in she stood before me. In hardly anything, every scar was visible, her body radiating this confidence I'd never seen before.

"Now.. Be a good boy and get dressed. I can hear the cars warming." She smirked, cloths finding themselves back on hee body.

"Yes ma'am..."

---------

The car was silent, Gaz and Soap dared not to say anything. They knew Ember was looking for an excuse to blowup at them. Her hands steady on the wheel, the truck bouncing.