Chapter 7

-----------------Ember's POV---------------

I was finally out of the cast, into a stiff brace and doing hell sessions (PT). 

"That's it Firefly. Give me two more sets of that." The Physical Therapist, PVT Darren smiled. "You're healing nicely love." 

"Thank you hun, I gotta get back on my feet soon." 

"Just make sure you take it slow. No need fr' you to be gettin' hurt again." 

"Yeah yeah doc..." I huffed, sweat beading down my forehead and dripping onto my cleavage. The recent rainstorms had made it humid, and exerting myself like this made me sweat even more.. I had opted to wear an emerald sports bra and the matching high waisted lifting shorts. "How long until I can start lifting?" I inquired enthusiastically

"You're clear for sitting and laying upper body, not quite for legs yet, work on these exercises for right now. Anything where you aren't putting any extra weight on your leg." 

"Fine... Guess I got no choice there huh?"

"Not in the slightest no love." 

Fuck.

The hell was over. I walked slowly into the fridge in the rec room, opening the fridge I grabbed a the milk. Making myself a protein smoothie with blueberries, honey, and chia seeds I smiled. Rule1 Protein was hard to ship here but I didn't mind, it tasted like heaven. 

The loud blender echoed in the early afternoon air as I put my earbuds in. 'SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK' by Joji hummed while I danced, sipping my shake. One day I'd be in my own kitchen... hopefully married, listening to these songs, slow dancing with my partner.. A girl can dream. I didn't even hear Gaz and Soap enter the kitchen and I bumped into them. 

"Ope! Sorry guys!" I yelled over the din of my earpieces. Gaz gently retrieved the right one from my ear and nodded to the beat, handing it over to Soap next. 

"Not bad, cute song." Gaz said walking past me, taking a drink of my shake. 

"Yeah, your always surprisin' us." Soap smiled, gently taking my hand and dancing with me to the song. My cheeks flushed, Soap could dance? Gaz watched us smiling, it was nice when the three of us got together. 

"You some kinda mind reader hun?" I gazed up at Soap, swaying slowly with him. 

"Whatchu mean?" 

"I was just daydreaming about dancing in the kitchen with someone.." I whispered, slowly trying to pull away from him. 

"That's cute..." He hummed, pulling me into his chest, my ear resting on his shoulder. 

"Ya'll are fuckin' cute mate." Gaz laughed, "Get a room though, don't let Price see you eye fuckin her." He walked away, off to do... whatever Gaz does? 

"What's this about eye fuckin." A deep voice grunted as Ghost walked in. 

"Simon! Just dancing here with our healing girl. 'Bout ye?" 

"Hm. English McTavish." He grunted, walking between us to get to the fridge. I reached for my smoothie and chuckled dryly, the song changing to 'we fell in love in october' by girl in red. 

"Sorry sir. How are you?" 

"Fine. Shouldn't you be resting that leg?" Ghost nodded towards me and my brace. 

"Yeah.. probably, but I love dancing and for the first time in almost two months I can!" I protested. 

"She's actually pretty good-"