Simon

'Get up.'

'I can't...' 

'Get. Up.'

'It hurts..' 

'He's dying! You're dying! Get up and do something!'

'I wish I could..'

I laid there, clutching Johnny close as his raspy breaths became silent, my head felt heavy... My arm was on fire.

'Get up!'

'No.. I'm okay... It's warm here...'

Why would I want to get up anyway? I was living a perfect dream.. 

Ember was there, in a large kitchen. Dressed in one of my shirts and some leggings, 5 months pregnant. When I came down stairs I laughed, she was always up before me now. Trying to do more than she should. 

"Well good morning love.." I murmured in her hair, wrapping her in as much love as possible.

"S-Simon!" She gasped, smiling at me as she put the dish down. "When did you get up?" 

"Hm. Just now." I pressed my lips to her neck, feeling her delicate skin on my lips. 

Why does it smell like gunpowder? 

She looked back at me, curiosity in her eyes. 

"Everything okay?" 

"Yeah... Did you go to the range today?" 

"No? Why?" 

"It smells like gunpowder.." 

'He's lost 1/3 of his blood volume. BP is tanking.'  The tv droned on. 

"I'm sure its nothing. You hungry?" She smiled, reaching back and gently playing with my hair. The small band on her finger getting caught in it for a moment.

"For you? Yes." 

'God damnit we're losing him!' 

Ember smiled, looking up at me with such fire in her eyes... I almost thought we were burning.

"Lets go out to eat. Sound good?" 

"Hm.. Okay, where though?" 

"Tommy knows a place, why don't you call him?" 

"Tommy...?" 

"Your brother...? We saw him last night?" She asked, smile still on her face as she laughed. "You sure you're okay?" 

"Y-yeah.." I stuttered. "Tommy..."

'Echo 4-1 this is Medical 1-3. We have fucking Simon Riley inbound to base and will need immediate evac to a god damn facility. BP 45/20, HR 35. U refuse to be the guy who let The Ghost die!!' 

I turned my head to the tv. Nothing but static... But why was there sound...

"Em.. what are you watching." I turned to her, watching as her eyes sunk sadly. 

"You." She murmured.

------------------------------

I bolted up, gasping for air as I choked on some fucking tubes in my throat. Frantically looking around I saw white walls, smelled antiseptic, and lemons. 

Lemons?

"Riley Stop!" Price commanded, grabbing my hands and pushing me down. The nurse slowly pulled the tube out, leaving me sputtering and coughing. 

"Easy son. Breathe as best you can." Price sighed.

"Where..." My voice was hoarse. It didn't even sound like my own. I was a stranger in my own body.