Forever and a Day

---Embers POV---

Years have passed, and while I haven't written in this dusty journal in all this time... I carry its memories. Reading over everything, I can't remember most details though... I can't remember Jonny's voice without a video. I don't remember how Scotty would hug me after a long day, I don't remember so much... I wish I could, Gods.. I'd give the world for such vivid memories.

I sat back, sighing as tears pricked my eyes. Slowly trickling down my  cheeks as I choked back a single quiet sob. Biting my lip I closed the dusty notebook, burying it deep into a drawer. Back into the bowls of darkness, hidden from all sight. For now..

The sound of the drawer closing made Simon stir in bed. A deep groan coming from him as he slowly sat up. Wiping the sleep from his eyes he looked at me. A quiet sigh coming from him as he looked.

"My love.." He cooed, patting the bed softly, a small encouragement to join him.

"I know... I just.. Cant sleep." I murmured, standing slowly.

"Believe me, I know love, but you need what little sleep you can get."

"Oh? What made that so obvious?" I laughed softly.

Simons hand made its way to my slightly swollen womb, a quiet hum of contentment coming from him.

"Not sure love... Maybe its our little gift." He smiled.

"Our second gift dumbass.." I corrected playfully.

"Well if someone would stop being such.. A temptation.. We wouldn't be in this situation."

"Well maybe, just maybe.. You're just weak to my charm."

As if on que, a small puttering of feet echoed in the quiet house. Followed by soft giggles, the ones you do when you're trying to get away with something. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand the red digital numbers read '5:49am.'

"She's an early riser... Just like her damned father." I smiled.

"Well.. At least she got something from me." He chuckled. Rolling out of the plush bed and opening the door.

Babbles, giggles, incoherent toddler chatter filled the room as the little snow drop was caught.

"And what do you think you're doing little one?" Simon teased, grasping her under her small arms and ever so gently lifting her up. Holding the small child to his chest as he walked back to bed.

With one arm movement, he piled the blankets and a pillow. Before throwing the giggling girl into it, a soft thud from the plush safety net echoing. Tufts of strawberry tinted blonde hair sticking from the mountain she was buried in.

"No!! My little angel! She's lost! Ember darling wherever did she go?!" The british man called, proceeding to tuck her under the blankets enough to hide her.

"Simon! Oh not again!" I laughed.

And laughed...

Mornings went like this, since Simon got a job working from home more often. We never were supposed to have this..

We were military. Killers. The mighty Ghost and deadly Firefly. Some the likes the world will never see again; not that they saw us to begin with.

But.. Our days were filled with laughter, morning coffees, and bacon with eggs. After all we went through, all the trials, tribulations, just.. Everything.

Somehow, someway, we found ourselves, each other. We got our slice of heaven, our happy ending..

Not without trials, after the wedding, which in itself was hard; don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful day. However.. We honored the dead that day; as well as celebrated our new married life.

It was emotionally taxing, but so much fun was had.

Simon and I chose not to have a bridesmaid or best man, the role Scotty and Johnny would've had. It was a small wedding, as expected; none of my family attended. Simon had no family.. So it was really just another small get together, but fancy.

Price walked me down the isle. Gaz officiated (got ordained and everything just for this.), a few people from base came. It was small, simple... Comforting.

After the wedding however, we met many challenges. My fertility was a huge problem. We tried for months, and when months turned into a year, a year into two.. We fought.

We tried so hard, and when one day we fought so badly, all I can remember was the look in his eyes, the frustration. I knew it wasn't me, it was everything. Work, the fertility, just.. Everything.

All he said to me that day was; "Why I tolerate you sometimes I don't even know." Before he left for a few days.

During those few days... I found out I was pregnant with our little Heather McTavish Riley. Our perfect little snow drop who couldn't wait the full 9 months. No, she had to give Simon and I a heart attack and be born 1.5 months premature.

But she was as healthy as could be, and less than 2 years later we found out I was pregnant again. This time.. With a little boy, named Dean. Dean Scott Riley is due in a few months.. But we are always prepared for anything.

The stars aligned.. Somehow, some way, all things align.

In a world full of uncertainty, pain, confusion.. You can't just stop. You can never stop. You have only failed when you stop trying.

So listen to me, my little loves.

Don't forget how much the universe loves you. I will always be so proud of you, and will always be watching over you. Forever in your hearts, your mind, your soul.

This journey may be over.. Our time together only short and fleeting, I will always be here. In the sunsets, in the moments when you just need someone, in the dark.

There will always be a little Firefly with you. Look for them, find your firefly. In people, animals, the world. Find your firefly.

Forge your path, create your own way if you so chose. Your life is yours! You are your own person.

My loves, it is here I end this story. After all this time, my journal is full. There is no more room to write, a sea of thoughts contained into one little book. So.. Its time to say goodbye.

But.. Maybe just 5 more minutes? To listen to our favorite song?

Okay.. 5 more minutes. Then, we can say goodbye.