Chapter 16

---Embers POV---

"Firefly you are clear to engage. Move up." Ghosts voice crackled in my comms, my legs pumping my toward the small building.

The faint sound of Russians questioning a 'drunk' tourist, Soap, gave me the indication that I was clear. Never could be to careful. Running towards a small open window I crawled in, pressing my frame into the floor.

"Bravo team this is Firefly, I have entered the building" I muttered under my breath.

"Copy Firefly, get in, get out. Lets not linger too long." Price echoed.

Crawling up to the computer I stuck the flashdrive into it and started downloading. It was painfully slow... I needed more time! I could hear Soap walking away and the Russians cursing under their breath. Fuck
FUCK
F U C K

I couldn't hear anything over the blood pounding in my ears, the 6 men found their way inside. I was out of time, shit.

"Price the download is taking longer than we expected! Eta 90 seconds!"

"Copy Firefly, you're a sitting duck. Clear to engage. Be quiet."

Good, I was combat cleared. Wasting no time I threw a small knife from my vest and hit one of the Russians shoulders. Gunfire rang as they tried to stop me. They couldn't see if it was dark, so I shut off the lights. Luckily for me I wasn't an idiot. Picking them off one by one I quietly overpowered them.

One however was able to grab me. Wiggling myself from his grasp I jumped onto the table in the center of the room and slammed my thighs on either side of his face, squeezing with all my might I felt him go limp. (Weights don't make you bulky babes, they make you dangerous ;))

I ran to the computer and ripped the now completed flashdrive out of it. Finally... Longest 90 seconds fucking ever.

"Price we got it, prepare for extraction." I sighed, dropping my hand from the comms and staring at the small plastic bit in my hand. The secrets embedded in it... Sent chills down my spine.

"Copy Firefly, get the hell out of there you've got company 6 mikes out."

"10-4, leaving now." I huffed, jumping back out the window and running back up the hill. Snowflakes kissing my cheeks as I ran, it was beautiful.. Stopping behind a tree I watched the pure snow fall onto my bloody hands, staining the water it melted into red... There was a metaphor here but I didn't have time to think of it before Ghost cut into my comms.

"Get moving Firefly, don't stop and smell the roses." Asshole...

"Yeah yeah... Im on the way." I started up the hill again, finally reaching the top and meeting up with everyone.

"I'd say that was successful!" I beamed, finding my way next to Price.

"Yeah.. Nice job Ember. Lets get back." He smiled down at me, patting my shoulder softly.

"Sure, you guys coming?" I looked at Soap and Ghost who were lost in a heated conversation.

"Huh? Oh, yeah lass lets go." Soap smiled, all be it not genuine he smiled.

Ghost nodded his head and stalked by.

"Touchy touchy.." I sighed

"He's got a lot goin on, give him a break." Soap nodded

"I know, I'm trying..."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

"Did... Did you just quote StarWars?"