The Harbinger

Maia, Finalizer's bridge

I didn't get to actually captain the ship as much as I liked, rarely having the time to simply exist on the bridge. But today, almost eight weeks into being admiral, I got that honor. There had been no issues, no major problems to solve. The shift was mostly over, and my gaze was out the viewport as I sat in the captain's chair. The faint sound of the running engines could be heard underneath the bustle of my command teams, beeps and small signals filling the silent space between. Alaric's cheerful voice could be heard somewhere behind me. But the stars, they seemed extra bright that evening, as if they reflected the peace on the bridge.

My private comm chirped with a message, so I picked up my datapad and tapped the small icon.

Message received 2057 from Commander Kylo Ren

My sweet Maia, have you missed me?

My heart fluttered at the words, a small smile trying to break free on my lips. A playful message? Who was this man?

Very much so, Commander.

I typed my response and went to put the device down, not expecting another. But it pinged, sending an unusual flutter of adrenaline through me.

I will make it up to you. I missed you too

I forgot the bridge for a moment and smiled down at the datapad. It was so unexpected. The only other time he said he missed me, we were deep in our arousal, and I hadn't thought much of it.

I did not know what to say back, however, so I set it down. He actually missed me? I didn't even know why he left, but he's been gone for almost two weeks. He leaves all the time, of course, but since my promotion, he usually returns within a couple days. The two weeks shouldn't have felt long to me, but they had.

Ping.

Shaking my head with a small grin, I picked it up.

Don't ignore my messages, Maia

My eyes widened, my heart speeding up its pace. I could imagine his dark voice as he said those words, his lips skimming my ears. My body went warm at the mere thought.

Yes, sir. When?

What if I had been talking to someone? How did he know I simply read it and moved on?

Ping

Soon, baby. I have a surprise for you

What in the world could he have for me? I was completely hot with desire and honestly, I hoped the surprise was his naked body.

What is it?

You will see.

Then, a half second later:

I can't wait to taste that sweet cunt of yours.

My mouth almost dropped open and I clicked the datapad off in shock. I can't have messages like that on the bridge. What if someone saw? Ping. I looked down once more.

Nobody will see, baby.

Oh. I crossed my legs and squeezed them together, turned on by his teasing and how well he seemed to know me. After a breath, I started a response.

I'm on the bridge, sir.

Good, right where I want you. Are you wet?

Fuck. I am now, practically vibrating with energy.

Yes.

Good girl. See you soon.

I let out a breath I hadn't known I'd been holding when I saw his response. I almost put the device down but realized he would want a reply. Wondering what the hell was wrong with me, I typed one in. I was far, far too excited to have his attention.