Uncle Rudy

Kylo, private sleeping chambers in Hux's estate

The moment we got to our little room, I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her, my feelings almost unbearable. I didn't bother with the lights, but the moon shone brightly through the two windows on each side of the bed. Her lips meshed with mine without any effort or thought, and my heart seemed to speed up just enough to match hers. Before we could get too lost with each other, I pulled back in a slow, reluctant retreat, and rested my forehead against hers.

"My Maia. We didn't have time to talk about it, but I want you to know how impressive you are." Her eyes darted downward, but I put a hand on her chin to gently guide them back. "You stood up for what you knew you felt, even when experienced Force users were telling you that you were wrong. That's hard to do."

"It wouldn't have harmed anything to be left there, though. I didn't save anything by following it; I fell into a trap."

I raised an eyebrow at her and waited a moment. "Are you finished?"

She gave me a deadpan stare, causing my lips to curve up. She was wrong; we had a lead to Exogol because of it.

"And during the challenges, you impressed me each time, even with the stone messing with you in the Force. That first bolt that you deflected," I said, shaking my head. She had moved so fast, I barely saw her. It was one thing for instincts to kick in, it was another to follow without hesitation. And then it was a different thing entirely to move with that much speed, using a weapon one had never held before. I'll admit to myself, I was a bit disappointed when she did not continue at that level. But it wasn't surprising; she was still doing good.

"It was with a skill I would only expect from... well, me or my uncle." I smiled when she looked down again, not forcing her back this time.

"I do need to get onto Chewbacca though—his first attack was entirely too rough," I teased. Sure enough, her eyes returned to mine, her brows furrowed. "I'm kidding," I said quickly and pressed my lips to hers. When her hands went to my hair as she became more controlling, mine tightened around her waist, then just under her butt. I loved how soft her ass was, how someone so strong could have such sexy, plump thighs...

Maia pulled back a fraction, breaking me from my thoughts. "Don't tell me what I can or can't handle," she said against my lips, a smile dancing on them. I moved a hand to her hair and tugged her away, just enough to see the heat in her cheeks. Her eyes shimmered back at me in the dim room, the moonlight leaving alluring shadows around her face.

"I absolutely will," I growled, low and deliberately. As I hoped, her body tightened, so I kissed her neck, trailing down to skin that would be covered by clothing—and lost myself in my fearsome Maia.

———

It was only a couple of hours later when I woke up. I could tell it wasn't quite time to rise, so I rolled over, reaching for Maia. Panic gripped the sleepy fog from my brain, evaporating it the instant I realized I was alone. I jumped out of bed with speed, but my logical mind was already trying to take over the emotional side.

"Maia?" I worked my way toward the refresher, but my eyes caught something. Her shoes were gone.

When there was no answer, fear bubbled up inside me, a million possibilities smothering me. I looked to the chest by the refresher... My lightsaber, mask, and comm. No Z-180. No knife.

Has she left me?

Has she been taken?

I picked up my datapad after a minute of thinking, but there were no messages from her. I ignored the other messages and pulled my mask to me.