Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Kylo, the Millennium Falcon

I was in agony—the moment I fell to the Falcon's floor I felt it. The adrenaline of the fight was gone, only pain and suffering remained.

"Maia," I muttered, unsure why. She was near, I was sure—but I was no longer positive where I was. My eyes were closed, I realized, and I tried to open them. Someone said something I couldn't understand.

"Uncle?" Was he alive? Shit. I can't remember.

"Kylo," Luke's voice rang out.

"You're alive," I choked out, my eyes still closed. Why can't I open them? The ringing in my ears grew unbearable until finally, there was no more pain.

———

"Ben Solo," a voice rang out. I turned to it, unsure where I was. Nowhere, apparently, as I was in complete darkness.

"Who are you?" I asked into the nothingness. Then, an apparition slowly began to appear. It was disorienting, my mind unsure how close the human was until he became clear.

"My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Ben," I mumbled. I'd seen images of him as a younger man, but this old figure was new to me.

"That's right. I believe I'm your namesake," he said happily. I blinked at him. Had I ingested something toxic? Was I hallucinating?

"Is this real?"

"Very much so."

"Why you, and not my grandfather?"

"Oh, I don't make the rules, my young friend. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because you've been searching for Vader, rather than Anakin."

"But I haven't searched for you."

"Yes. An oversight on your part, to be sure. But I have been with you, young Solo."

"Why?"

"Would you care to walk with me?"

"I don't have time," I said, trying to be angry. But the anger would not come.

"Oh, you have all the time. Time as you know it is suspended. You will awaken when you awaken."

Okay...

With a small sigh, I fell into step with him. The darkness I had noted earlier was suddenly gone, and I recognized where we were. Chandrila. My home.

When had it changed? Am I dead?

"I met your mother only two times." His voice caught my attention, dragging my gaze to him. "The first, when she and your uncle were born. It was the darkest time the galaxy had seen in a very long time."

"You were with my grandmother," I said. Maia reminded me of my grandmother, though I didn't know why. It was a thought I had the day I confronted her, and was the reason I left the book for her.

"She reminds you of your grandmother because she is a light in your constant turmoil, a candle leading you to peace, as Padmé was to Anakin."

He was right. In this state, my emotions seemed to be muted. I expected to feel my stomach flip, to feel the familiar fear of loving her, but I did not.

"What was the second time?" I asked quietly.

I saw his smile out of the corner of my eye.

"A very long story that I'm sure she would be happy to share with you. But I will tell you this. You can change your name, but you will always be a Skywalker. Leia is a Skywalker. It is in your blood. But as your predecessors have proven, you do not have to follow a path set out for you. Nor must you resist any particular path due to who you are."