5

BUCKY BARNES' P.O.V.

I easily carry Y/N's sleeping body, bridal style, to his bedroom after the fire died out. I lay him down on his bed and put the covers over him. I press a kiss his forehead and turn on my heels to leave. He grabs my hand and I turn around.

"S..Plea.." He mumbles.

"What, buddy?" I ask, chuckling at his sleeping talking.

"Mmmmm. Bah. Mmm." He whines, still mumbling.

"You want me to stay?" I ask, unsure of what he's trying to say. "Is-is that what you're trying say?" He whines and mumbles a response that I assume means that I'm correct. "Okay. I'll stay." I pull Y/N's hand off my hand walk around the bed to the other side. I pull off my shoes and socks, then I crawl in the covers and lay on my back. Y/N subconsciously rolls on hi side and interlaced his fingers with mine. "No, Y/N. No cuddles. Sleep on your side of the bed." I tell him, whispering softly so I don't wake him. I gently pry his fingers out of mine and adjust him gently so he's on his half of the bed. He quietly starts to snore. It's not loud and obnoxious like most people, but soft and quiet, like he's not actually snoring, but he is. I close my eye lids and slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, I wake up with a soft gasp and a small scream.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, Bucky. You're okay." I hear Y/N's soft voice say. "You're home. You're safe. They can't get to you anymore." Y/N comes to my side of his bed and sits next to me. He gently presses a towel to my forehead and damps off some sweat. "Don't worry. It's a clean towel." He says with a smile. I try to catch my breath, I haven't had a nightmare this bad for a while. "Are you okay, handsome? Sounds like you had a really bad nightmare." I meet his eyes and stare at him. He smile softly fades away, his face turning into a confused one. "Bucky? You okay? You in there?"

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just, catching my breath." I say finally.

"You uh, wanna talk about it? Sometimes talking helps." Y/N says in a soft and sweet tone.

I shake my head slowly and run a hand through my hair. My fingers get stuck in my long hair and I groan angrily. "Ugggh! I need a fucking hair cut."

"I c-can give you one? I-if you want me to?" Y/N asks.

"Right now?" I scoff.

"Mhm."

"Why are you always so nice to me?" I ask bluntly, sounding kinda snarky. I bring my lips in a thin line and squeeze my eyes shit. "Sorry. I didn't mean it to come out like that. It just did."

"No, it's okay, Bucky." Y/N says. "Uh, to be honest, I uh. I uh.." Y/N cuts himself off and nervously gulps. "I uh, kind of um. You know what? Never mind, I'll tell you later on."

"You have a crush on me? Don't you?" I ask expectingly. His eyes widen. He blushes a deep shade of red and shrinks in embarrassment.

"Is it obvious?" He mumbles.

"Kinda." I say. "But, it's fine. I'm flattered. But, you're a kid. It's normal for kids your age to have crushes on guys my age. It's fine."

"I'm sorry, Bucky." He says, sniffling a bit.

"None of that." I say, pointing a finger at him. "Wait a few years before you even do anything, though. 20. Got it?"

"Okay." He says, sounding embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed, Y/N. It happens to the best of us." The room falls silent, and we just stare at each other's eyes. I break eye contact and look around his room. "So, about that hair cut? You really willing to give me one?" I ask.