35: 2023

DANNY PARKER's P.O.V.

It's 2023 now, been two years since Peter and I have gotten married, that was the last time we've seen Y/N and Bucky Barnes. Coincidently, Y/N took Bucky's last name, and I took Peter's. I have officially been Daniel James Parker for two years now. Yes, my middle name is James. After my father's best friend, James Rhodes. Y/N found out at the wedding, and now he only calls me DJ. Better than calling me anything else, if I'm being entirely honest.
Peter and I got our own place out in Montgomery, a house. Peter wanted something small, and me being me, I happily obliged to that. This is probably the happiest I've been since I've lost my dad.
The team does stay in touch with everyone, we plan on dinners with everyone, movie nights, all sorts of plans. But, none of us have heard anything from Bucky or Y/N for two years. Peter hasn't either, they've gone MIA. At first, Peter was constantly on edge and worried that his brother was dead. I had to keep reminding him that nothing was gonna happen to him, and that we would find him. I feel like I just lied to myself, worse, I feel like I lied to Peter. We haven't been able to find them. They could be in danger, or dead, or worse. What could possible be worse than death? Being imprisoned in HYDRA. That's what could be worse than death.

I'm walking through the house, and see Peter wear a worried expression on his face. I know this face. It's when his spidey sense is going off.

"Babe? What is it?" I ask cautiously.

"Shh!" He shushes me loudly, holding up one finger. "Someone's here." Peter whispers.

"....it's all gonna work fine, you two. Just stay calm..." A soft spoken voice says in my head. It's a guys voice. Who has telepathy that's a guy? That we would know?

"Been a while. Sorry for barging in." The same voice says aloud from behind Peter and I.

Peter and I both turn around and see Y/N and Bucky standing in our living room.

"Y/N? Bucky?" Peter and I say simultaneously. My mouth drops open slowly. Is this real?

"We have the team together, Webs. Tin Can." Bucky says. "We just need you two."

"Details to follow." Y/N says. "Did you get the suits I sent you?" He asks.

"Uh-huh." Peter responds.

"I'm the ship in five then." Y/N says. He interlocks his metal fingers with Bucky's real fingers, then they poof out of the house.

"What the Jesus Christ was that? Oh my god! Get your shit, babe!" Peter says in one breath. He hurriedly scurries up the stairs, while I just stand there baffled at what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N BARNES' P.O.V.

I walk hand in hand with Bucky into the base, haven't been here in a far minute. Bucky and I have been couch surfing for the past couple of years, trying to get the team together. Took way longer than expected, but we got them together.

Yelena, Kate, Echo and her team, the Guardians; Peter Quill, Mantis, Groot, Drax, and Nebula. Sam and Rhodey. Some other friends we've met along the way, along with Lyla, Wanda, and Smitty. Finally we got Peter and Danny.

"You got the quantum realm up and running?" I ask as I turn the corner.

"Sure did." Jane Van Dyne says. "We just need to make a test run, and we should be all set. Do we have the rest of the team here?"

"If you mean my brother and his husband, than yes." I say, gesturing with my hand towards Peter and Danny.

"Did we ever get in touch with the Sorcerer Supreme?" Hope asks.

"Yes." I say dryly. I roll my eyes and sigh before stepping towards Peter and pulling him aside. "We need to share some words, big brother. Come here with me." I say in whisper, only loud enough for him to hear.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Peter says, slapping me across the face as we step into his old bedroom. I stretch my face and rub my cheek a little, trying to get rid of the stinging feeling.

"Getting the team together. Being with my husband. Grieving." I say slowly. "It's been five years, bubba. Fi—"

"Don't 'bubba' me!" Peter cuts me off, speaking to me in a mocking tone. "You came to my fucking wedding and then ditched afterwards! I thought you were fucking dead!" Peter cocks his arm back, clenches his fist and socks me across the face. I barely flinch.

"Pete." I say calmly with a quiet sigh. "I know what I did, and how I left, may have seemed to be as such. But, I need you to know that I did what I had to do to make sure you were safe. Did you really think that Danny would've gotten you that house on his terms?" Peter's face falls at that question. "I made him get that house for your protection. You underestimated me, big brother."

"Still doesn't change that I thought you were dead." Peter snaps. "I didn't hear a single word from you for two fucking years, Y/N! I was so scared, every day."

"I know you were. I kept an eye out for you. Which is why you and I are going to get the stones together. Danny and Bucky are staying here, you and I are going together."

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?!"

"No. But you and I are stronger together. And, if we work together again, I know we'll get this shit right." I walk up to Peter and grab his shoulders with a gentle squeeze. "Are you with me, Spider-Man?" I ask, looking up to meet his eyes. There's a small gap of silence, Peter's clearly lost in thought. He bites on his lower lip, chuckles, shakes his head, and then wraps his arms around me; all in the span of five seconds.

"I'm with you, Free Fall." Peter mumbles into my shoulder.

"Grey Wolf." I correct him.

"Yeah, no. Free Fall is your field name. Not Grey Wolf." Peter says with a goofy smile.

"Mkay. Let's go, bubba."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we've all suited up, I stand with everyone that's going to do the time heist with me and face everyone staying behind.

"We all have our times, places, and stones. Three teams, one round trip, no do overs." I say, meeting everyone's eyes. "Jane, Hope, Hank, Peter, Lyla, and I will be going to 2012 to get the mind, time, and space stones. Peter." I fave my brother and meet his masked eyes. "You and I will be retrieving the space stone. Nebula and the rest of the guardians will go to 2014 to get the soul and power stones. You guys have your plan?" I ask Nebula.

"Yes." She says in her natural, groggy, raspy voice.

Nebula and I both know that going to Vormir, The Dominion of Death, is a one way trip. A soul for a soul. We've gathered a soul in return for the soul stone, so we don't have to worry about losing anyone from our team. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

"Smitty and Wanda are going to 2013 to retrieve the reality stone on Asguard. Everyone else, stays here. No protests." I meet Bucky's icy blue eyes, he sniffles a little. "It'll be a minute for you guys. It'll be as long as we need for us." I say to Bucky. "I love you, guys. And we will do whatever it takes to get everyone back. We're together, through thick and thin."

"Whatever it takes." Wanda says with a smile.

"Through thick and thin." Peter says, grabbing my hand.

"See you in a minute, Buck. I love you, babe."