Four

(Brother: Victor Lorenzi, 19)

I find myself waiting at the harbor, we had agreed to meet at the harbor. I checked my watch for the tenth time for the last minute.

Was he late without letting me know? Did he change his mind?

I sigh. He was twenty minutes late.

I shake my head in defeat and turn around, only to see someone run towards me. I take in his appearance and I find a smile appearing on my lips.

He had grown so much. He was 14 the last time I saw him. He definitely wasn't 14 anymore.

He was 19 now and grown. His brown similar hair color to mine, the same body type, the same smile and dimples.

"Dani!" He shouts and I smile at him and take off my sunglasses.

"Hey" I say as he stops in front of me out of breath. "I'm so sorry, I'm late, I know. I got lost in traffic" He says and leans over to catch his breath.

"It's okay" I say and smile. He stands up after catching his breath and he engulfs me into a hug. He was much taller than me now.

"Hey" I say into the hug and feel tears appear in my eyes. I notice I'm shaking and Victor does too. He pulls away and holds me by my arms.

"Are you okay?" He asks me worried and he sees my tears. "I can't believe you're here" I say and pull him into another hug.

Victor lets out a relieved laugh and hugs me tightly. "I missed you so, so much" Victor says.

"Let's walk" I say and pull away and he nods and follows me to the path by the boats. "How have you been?" I ask and look at him once again.

I notice how trained he was, he looked like he was doing some kind of sport.

"I've been good, I'm traveling a bit" He says with a smile and I raise an eyebrow. "You are? How come?" I ask confused.

"Well, since we parted ways I have been—""—Hey Victor!" Someone shouts and we turn to the source.

My smile falls and my jaw clenches. I see Charles' red ferrari park by a yacht and a brunette hanging out of the window and wave at my brother.

"Hey, Arthur" Victor calls back and I look at Victor confused.

Arthur?

As he came closer I see this Arthur and I notice he looks like a younger version of Charles. Fucking hell.

Charles gets out of the car and walks after Arthur, as he sees me he smirks. "Is this okay? It will be quick?" Victor asks as he takes my hand in his and squeeze it.

I squeeze it back and force a smile and nod. I stand still as Arthur and Victor bro hugs. Victor then proceeds to bro hug Charles as well and I raise an eyebrow once again.

"Daniella, nice to see you again" Charles says walking over to me and pull me into a hug. I fake it and clap his back awkwardly and pull away with a cringe.

"Very nice to see you again" Charles says sneakily and smirks at me.

"Is that your new girlfriend?" Arthur asks with a laugh and points at me. "Oh god" I mumble and rub my forehead.

"Can we go, now?" I ask Victor. He laughs a little before nodding. "She is, isn't she? She's hot!" Arthur says with a laugh after Victor as he walks towards me.

"It's my sister you dumbass" Victor calls after him as he walks up to me. "Sister? Huh" Charles says with a smirk.

"You make me uncomfortable" I tell Charles and fake smile as Victor comes to my side.

"My pleasure" Charles says and winks at me. "I will see you on the track, Lorenzi" Arthur calls out and Victor waves goodbye.

"On what track?" I ask confused as we walk away from them.

"See you soon, Daniella" Charles calls after me and I flip him my middle finger while paying attention to Victor's answer.

"I was about to tell you, I started karting when you and mom left me, dad wanted me to focus on something and I became good, so I'm racing in Formula 3, with Arthur Leclerc, who you just met" Victor says.

Hurt flashes in my chest as he says that mom and I left him, that's not how it happened. Confusion and anger erupts to the surface and I bite my lip.

"You became a driver?" I ask in disbelief. Victor turns to me confused at my tone.

"Yeah? Why? Do you not like racing?" He asks me and I shake my head. "It's not that, it's just, do you realise how dangerous it is?" I ask in disbelief once again.

"I do know, but it's my passion. I made it through high school and graduated last year, since then I've been working and racing with Formula 3" Victor says and I scoff.

"Good for you then" I say and fake my smile.

"So, what's your big plan?" I ask him. I didn't mean to be all sibling-y on him. I just hadn't seen it coming, and I didn't expect to see my brother in such a dangerous sport.

"Formula 1, one day. I want to travel and race" Victor says with a smile. The bright smile filled with hope and happiness crushed my heart.

Why him?

"How do you know Charles?" Victor then asks. I sigh.

"Through some friends, if you remember Lena, she's dating Pierre Gasly" I say and Victor's mouth drops.

"No way, really?" Victor says and I nod.

"How long are you in England for?" I ask Victor and his smile falls a bit.

"I leave tomorrow" Victor says and my heart breaks. I nod and my smile failes to reach my eyes.

"Oh" I say and walk on.

"I realise we don't have much time, but do you maybe want to come with us? What do you do now?" Victor asks softly and stops me from walking.

"I'm looking for a new job, I quit the cafe. I finished college. So, right now I'm looking for new opportunities" I say and Victor nods.

"But, I don't want to meet dad" I say and Victor's smile falls once again.

"Why not?" He asks confused. "I just don't, I'm sorry. I would love to see you race, but it won't be for him" I say and Victor nods respecting my choice evne though he didn't understand.

From the things Victor told me, he made it seem like our mom and I left them. That's not at all what happened, but Victor was told another story.