Five

I sit anxiously by my computer and wait for myself to send the resume and application. But I can't make my hand press send.

My phone calls and I see Lena's name and I breathe out in relief and answer.

"Hey" I say and close my computer.

"Hi babe, we wanted to let you know we have arrived in Hungary" Lena says and I nod.

"Good. Is Pierre with you?" I ask and Lena puts on facetime and I answer.

"Hey Pierre" I say and wave at the camera as I see him look over Lena's shoulder.

"Hey, little one" Pierre says and I roll my eyes playfully.

"What job did you say you could get me in Formula 1?" I ask him and Lena's eyes widen.

"Are you going to apply for a job in Formula 1?" Lena asks while cheering and Pierre smiles brightly.

"Wherever you want. Do you want me to ask around?" Pierre asks and I nod.

"But why the sudden change of heart, if I may ask?" Pierre asks confused and Lena nods wanting to know as well.

"Victor is in Formula 3. I checked him out, he's good, so he's rising in ranks" I say and Lena's jaw drops and Pierre's smile turns into a frown.

They knew how I felt about it in the first place.

"I need to be there to know what happens, besides he's travelling and I want to be near the chaos and support him even from Formula 1 or whatever position you can get me" I say and Pierre nods.

"I will ask around and see what I can do" Pierre says and I thank him.

Pierre goes to call around immediately and I have Lena for myself.

"I have another problem though" I say and Lena nods and scoots closer to her phone.

"Victor doesn't know what really happened back then, he said mom and I left him" I say and Lena's eyes drop in sadness.

"I'm sorry, do you think you can explain?" Lena asks.

"I don't know, to him I will just look like the sister, who is trying to take on the sister role, and paint our father as the bad guy he doesn't see him as" I say knowing what would happen if I tried and Lena nods in agreement.

"I see your point" Lena says and I nod.

"I think I will fly out tomorrow as well, I'm looking at tickets right now" I say and Lena cheers in happiness.

"Yes! Partying in Hungary!" She says and I laugh at her.

"Sure, why not" I say and shrug with a small laugh.

I book a ticket and Pierre told me that Redbull Racing and Mercedes wanted to see my papers. I got an email and sent them everything I had and went to bed with a smile on my face.

I wake up early in the morning and pack the rest of the stuff, that I would be needing and then I got a taxi to the airport.

I got to my gate and sat down as I waited for the gate to open for boarding. I put my earphones in and put on some music to relax.

I was half an hour into waiting when my one headphone was taken out of my ear. I turn to the person.

Charles.

I groan loudly and roll my eyes, before taking my headphone back from him.

"What was your name again? Carter? Christopher?" I ask faking my confusion. Charles' smirk slightly falters, reading to see if I was serious.

"Charles" he says and raise an eyebrow.

"Right. Are you stalking me?" I ask Charles as he smiles widely, as he sat next to me.

"I believe it's called coincidence" Charles says with a smirk and I roll my eyes and show him my headphone, as I put it back in and ignore him.

As I do so, I see out of the corner of my eye that he's talking to me. Before I know it, he pulls the string to my headphones and I groan loudly once again.

"I knew, I should've bought airpods instead" I grumble and turn to look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask irritated.

"I want to talk" Charles says, like it's the most obvious thing.

"I'm busy. Try again later" I say and chuckle and put my headphones back in. Only to have them ripped out again and this time he keeps them in his hands.

"What?" I groan and Charles smirks.

"It's later. Let's talk" He says and I cross my arms.

"Please, tell me you have your own private plane or some rich kid shit" I say and Charles raises an eyebrow offended at my remark.

"I'm going on this plane" Charles says and nods at the gate.

"Fuck me" I groan and run a hand over my face.

"Gladly. If only you would let me" Charles is quick to retort.

"I don't like you" I clarify.

"Oh really, then why did you flirt with me twice at the pit lane?" Charles asks with a wink.

"I didn't know who you were" I say and get up and take my headphones back.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" He asks confused and slightly pissed off.

"Just leave it, okay? And leave me alone" I say and walk over to the glass windows to stand on my own.

It doesn't take long for Charles to get up and walk over to me.

"Hi there" He says as he leans against the glass and smirks at me.

"Christopher, leave me alone" I say and turn my back to him.

"It's Charles" Charles argues and I wave my hand like I don't care and I hear him walk away.

He leaves me alone, until we start boarding. My hopes for him to be in the other end of the plane, went down the drain, as I saw him sit by the same seats I had, I sat by the window, there were three seats.

He sat by the aisle, a stranger between us and me by the window. I rolled my eyes as he waved at me while smirking.

I showed him my headphones and fake smiled as I put them in. I ignore Charles' attempts to get my attention and end up falling asleep on the window.