Twenty Six

I'm cuddling against Charles' side as we watch a movie and Arthur lays on the opposite side of the couch.

Charles kept sneaking glances at me and I pretended to watch the movie.

But I hadn't even payed attention to it, my mind was racing.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started ringing.

I got up and went to the bedroom to answer.

"Hey" Lena says as I pick up.

"Hey" I say with a sigh and throw myself in Charles' bed.

"Did you talk about it yet?" Lena asks.

"No, Arthur is still here, we were watching a movie" I say and bite my lip.

"Well do you need an escape?" Lena asks me and I chuckle.

"Yes, please" I say and Lena squeals excitedly.

"Great! We're—" Charles opens the door and my smile falls.

Shit.

"Lena wait a second" I interrupt her and smile at Charles as he comes over to me.

"Can we talk?" He asks me softly. I point at my phone and he sighs before grabbing it from my hands.

"Lena, she will call you back. I need her. Also there's dinner night at my place at seven. Bring all the drivers in Monaco" Charles says casually and hang up.

My jaw drops and I snort. "What was that?" I ask him with a laugh.

"We need to talk about it, I can feel you pulling away from me. So, let's talk about it" Charles says and put my phone in his pocket.

"Talk about what?" I ask pretending not to know. Charles gives me a really look and I smile sheepishly at him.

"The thing I said" Charles says and I pretend to not know.

"Oh I don't think I heard that, cause I don't know what you're talking about" I say and shrug.

"Dani, please. You're pulling away from me, I meant what I said, do you not feel the same?" Charles asks and takes my hand in his and caress it.

"Charles, I-I—" I start but pause and sigh. I couldn't even say it, I couldn't even get the words out of my goddamn mouth.

"Got it" Charles replies and gets ready to leave the bed but I pull him down again.

"Wait, let me talk" I say and he raises an eyebrow. "All you're saying is 'I-I'. That's not talking" Charles retorts and I glare at him.

"Don't be an asshole about it. I'm trying, okay? I just need to find the words" I say and Charles nods shortly.

I sigh jump on top of him. As I straddle him I hold his face in my hands.

Getting his full attention.

"Your words surprised me, yes. But that doesn't mean I don't feel something similar to what you said" I start and curse under my breath as I realized how that sounded.

Charles raised an eyebrow at my words and I roll my eyes.

"Fuck it, if you meant it, I can say it as well. I'm falling in love with you too, Charles. Okay?" I say with a frustrated sigh.

Charles starts grinning, but doesn't say anything.

"Say something, creep" I comment and he laughs at me. "Good, I'm happy to hear that" Charles says and moves me off of him.

I raise an eyebrow as he stands up and goes for the door.

"What the hell? Are you seriously leaving?" I ask in disbelief.

Charles chuckles and in one flick motion he locks the door and comes back to the bed once again.

I can't seem to figure out his thoughts or what he wanted.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused, Charles climbed on top of me and spread my legs to lay between them.

"Showing how much I'm falling in love with you" Charles says and in one swift motion he pulls me closer to him and I gasp in surprise.

"What about Arthur?" I ask worriedly. "He's entertained on the sim in the office" Charles says and shut me up with his lips.

I kiss him back hungrily and tug at his shirt. He lets me take it off and I run my hands down his abs as he kisses down my neck.

Charles made sure to show me just how much he was falling in love with me. I fought to keep quiet the whole time and Charles enjoyed it too much.

When we're both finished and satisfied, we get dressed for the dinner and head out to Arthur.

Charles was by my side all night, when the drivers and their partners had arrived, Lena and I didn't get a chance to speak alone.

I had to try and hide from him to get her alone.

"So what happened?" Lena asks me as we're in one of the bathrooms.

"I did as Pierre said, I told him how I feel. He took it really really well" I say and the scene replays in my head and I smile.

"Ew, wipe that off your face. So you had kinky sex? Is he any good?" Lena asks with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

"Oh yes, he's the best I've ever had. But don't tell him that" I say and laugh as Lena squeals in excitement.

"I don't think I'm falling for him though...." I say and look down. Lena frowns and nudges me to continue.

"I already have. I know it. I'm in love with him already" I say and sigh in defeat.

"That's a good thing! Right?" Lena asks confused.

"Normally yes, but this is Charles Leclerc. The womanizer, the player. A part of me is afraid he'll play me still" I admit to her and she nods understandingly.

"But I don't think he is, I'm sure of it" Lena says and squeeze my hands.

"Girls, are you coming? We're about to eat" Pierre shouts from the other side of the door and knocks loudly.

"Coming" both Lena and I shout back and I chuckle before standing up.

"When are you leaving?" I ask Lena.

"Tomorrow, when are you?" Lena asks and I recall what we talked about.

"Tomorrow as well, but I'm going with Mercedes. Charles is giving me a hard time because I'm on his biggest rivals team" I say with a small laugh.

"I bet he's jealous as hell" Lena says and I shrug.

"Haven't seen him jealous yet, but he could be" I say and she smirks.

"Well, let's see with the race" Lena says and I nod.

We leave the bathroom and go back to the dining room where all the drivers had sit down and Lena and I sit next to each other with our guys on the other side.

Charles put his arm on the backrest of the chair and I smile at him.

"You okay?" Charles asks quietly and I nod.

"Of course" I say and he smiles at me.

"So, what's up with you two? Are you a thing yet? What's the deal?" Lando asks and I chuckle at his boldness.

"That's our business, mate" Charles says and I chuckle at Lando's face.

He expected an answer.

"That's not fair, you pressure me all the time! I tell you guys everything" Lando whines and I laugh at him.

"Sucks doesn't it?" I ask teasingly and Charles put his hand on my thigh and squeeze it.

Immediately my cheeks warmed, a tingling sensation shot up my thighs and to my heat.

Oh yeah, I have already fallen. Hard!