Eleven

I'm currently with Victor, Lena and Arthur as we watch the race. As Victor and Lena talks together, Arthur leans in.

"What is the deal with you and Charles?" Arthur asks with a smirk.

"Who is Charles?" I ask faking my confusement. Arthur laughs and lick his lips.

"I like you already, he keeps talking about you" Arthur says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Why? Does he like being reminded of the fact that he can't charm me with his ways?" I ask confused. Why would he talk about me? Does he like being embrassed or something?

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I think he's actually interested in you" Arthur says and I laugh at him, as I see his face doesn't change, I realise he was serious.

"Oh?" I say confused.

"Oh? You're not into him?" Arthur asks confused. "Hell no" I say with a laugh.

"Well, that's a first" Arthur says with a small laugh. We watch the race and small talk.

That's when I remember something, Charles' moment of grief at the night club the other day.

"Oh, Arthur, I'm sorry for your losses" I say sympathetically.

"What do you mean?" Arthur asks me confused.

"Well, the other day when we all went out, I found Charles when I was leaving. He was in grief saying he lost someone, he mentioned three names" I say and try to remember.

Realisation seems to rush over Arthur's face and worry joins the expression.

"Hervé, Jules and Anthoine?" Arthur repeated and I nodded furiously.

"Anyways, my condolences, It's amazing that he can keep driving when he got those news" I say. Arthur swallows hard.

"It didn't just happen. It's a while ago now" Arthur mumbles and I mentally hit myself against the door.

"I'm so sorry, fuck" I say and sigh.

Nice going idiot.

"I didn't know he was struggling this hard..." Arthur mumbles to himself. "What?" I ask not having heard it properly.

"Oh, nothing. I need to go, but I will see you later, yes?" Arthur asks and I nod.

"Sure, see ya" I say as he leaves in a hurry.

I raise an eyebrow as Victor joins my side. "What was that about?" He asks.

"I don't know..." I say and trail off as I look back on the track.

The drivers finish qualifying and return to their garages. I see Arthur approach Charles and talks hastily to him.

I see Charles look at him with a serious expression that turns into a scowl and he pushes Arthur back slightly.

I look away and clear my throat. "Is Pierre back yet?" I ask Lena. She shakes her head no.

"I'm gonna go, I will see you later?" Victor says and I nod before hugging him goodbye, he plants a kiss to my temple and I smile at him.

I missed my brother. So, so much.

"Here he comes" Lena sings and on cue Pierre pulls into the garage.

He gets out and is greeted by his team and then Lena.

"Good job, Gasly" I call out as he hugs Lena and kisses her.

"Thanks, Lorenzi" Pierre says with a laugh.

"Why are you talking to my brother?" Charles suddenly creeped up behind me and calls out with a pissed off tone.

I turn to him confused as I realize he was talking to me. "What?" I ask confused.

"Why did you tell him about the other night?" He asks annoyed. I scan our surroundings and see Pierre and Lena tense as they heard his words and immediately thought of something else.

I curse under my breath and pull him into Pierre's private room.

"I didn't mean to, okay? I thought the loss had just happened, I was offering my condolences. I'm sorry, it was a mistake" I tell Charles.

I admit my mistake. I stood by it.

"Why were you even talking to him in the first place?" Charles asks and steps closer with a dark look in his eyes.

I raise an eyebrow at this and cross my arms.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask sternly. Who did he think he was?

"It's my brother" Charles repeats.

"So? He started it, he was saying things. We had a conversation" I say and roll my eyes slightly.

"What was he saying?" Charles asks. Why did I even answer his questions?

"Things" I repeat.

"What do you think this is? I can talk to your brother, I can talk to whoever, what is it with you?" I ask fed up with his attitude.

I was confused and frustrated that he was going off on me about talking to his brother.

"Do you think he's attractive?" Charles asks and eyes me up and down.

I release a scoff in disbelief and I shake my head.

"What is wrong with you? Seriously? Wow" I snap and turn on my heel and walk out of the room.

"Oh, you're done? So maybe I can get my room back" Pierre retorts obviously annoyed by the secrecy between Charles and I and the fact that we borrowed his room.

"Shut it" I snap and leave the AlphaTauri garage.

Lena looks after both Pierre and I, I shake my head at her and she goes after Pierre.

I walk through the paddocks and then sit on the stairs of McLaren's paddock.

I sigh and pull my phone out. I look at the time and debate whether or not I should leave or stay.

I did promise Victor I would watch his race today.

I sigh and stay put. "Daniella? What are you doing here?" Daniel suddenly comes into my view and asks.

"I needed air" I say and Daniel chuckles. "They don't have air in AlphaTauri?" Daniel asks amused.

"I needed healthy air" I correct and he oh's.

"Did something happen?" Daniel asks and sit down next to me.

"People are pissing me off today" I grumble under my breath.

"Want to talk about it?" Daniel asks carefully and nudge my shoulder with his.

I can't help but smile a little.

"Charles is a jerk, Pierre is being a bitch" I tell him and nod. Daniel chuckles.

"Walk me through it honey" Daniel says and nods at me to go on with a small laugh.

"Well, does this stay between us then?" I ask and he nods and put his pinky finger out.

I snort and intertwine our pinkies and sigh before beginning to tell him everything.

The truth was that I didn't even understand why I let Charles get to me, he was being weird and he was being a jerk.

I didn't want him to be, so I tried to understand, which is why I let it get to me.

Pierre was being a bitch because it to him, looked like I wasn't keeping my promise.

Only did he know that it was Charles who complicated things.

Lena was just in between everything. She understood, listened and advised me.