Twenty Two

A week later in England, Lena was starting to do well and I was hoping to return before the two weeks hit.

"So, any updates or thoughts?" I ask and place her coffee mug in front of her and sit down.

"I don't know. He's giving me the space I need, but I can't seem to think properly" Lena says and I sigh.

"But Lena, remember you have been an official couple for three years, you have a lot of fans, this is one bad incident. It will never happen again, everyone knows you're together, everyone respects you, you're Pierre's girlfriend" I say and at the last mention of the word girlfriend, Lena's eyes shot up to mine.

"If you put the risks aside, do you still love him? Do you still want to be with him?" I ask her softly and take her hand in mine.

She thinks hard as she stares at me. "I do, I will always love him. He's the love of my life" Lena says with a relieved exhale as she finally worded her thoughts to me.

"Do you want to be with him?" I ask her carefully. I saw the distress flicker in her eyes.

"I do. Of course I do" Lena says as realization hits her.

"Why am I letting those whores win? I left him. Fuck" Lena says and facepalms.

"I fucking left him in their claws" Lena says and I pull her hands from her face.

"Then let's go back. Pierre hasn't been partying since before we left. He's not risking it, he wants you to come back to him" I tell her his exact words he told me on the phone call this morning.

"They're in Monaco now right?" Lena asks narrowing her eyebrows and I nod.

"Yeah, they are. They have a week off after the race" I tell her.

I wanted to be there for Charles as well. A race at his home.

"Let's fucking go, we're going to miss the race, but we will be there after" Lena says as she checks the flights.

"Are you for real?" I ask her with wide eyes and she nods.

"I'm getting my French fry back" Lena says and I scream in excitement and hug her over the kitchen counter.

"Let's go pack our asses off!" I shout and we race to each of our rooms.

Lena booked the flights and we left in the afternoon. My mom drove us there, she was off work and wanted to say goodbye.

"Say hi to Victor and Pierre. And be careful and have fun" my mom said and I smiled and kissed her cheek and hugged her as we got out of her car.

"Love you!" I call out and we grab our bags from the car.

We had decided to keep it a surprise for the guys. None of them knew.

Charles and I had talked multiple times a day, texted and FaceTimed.

I almost wanted to say that I missed him. But I would never live that down if I admitted that first.

We check in and head to the gate and now the real challenge was the wait.

We watched the race live as we waited. "Do you think Charles will win?" Lena asks me nervously as she bites her nails.

I slap her nails out of her mouth and give her a scolding look.

"I hope so, I know he worked hard for this" I say as I post the multiple posts and pictures for the social medias of Mercedes.

"Fuck, I just want to be there" Lena curses. I agree with her and get some work done as we wait.