☆12☆

Beca's point of view

Chloe and I had started our insemination process a few weeks ago and I'm happy about how it's going. I have even been fantasizing about our baby, if I end up pregnant. I would love our baby to have Chloe's red hair and blue eyes, since I love both of them on Chloe and Ryan kinda looks like me. I'm even more happy that this option is available, because this way the child will be biologically from both of us. With Ryan it feels different. Don't get me wrong, I love him so much but he will never be one hundred percent mine. Chicago is his father, even though he's not in his life physically, he always will be because of his DNA. I've accepted this fact since Chloe and I started dating again a little more than four months ago.

I'm at work now with Sutton, but I'm not feeling well. It started four days ago, the morning sickness and I keep running out of the studio to throw up in the bathroom. I don't want to get my hopes or Chloe's up, so I haven't told her about this yet. Luckily she hasn't noticed my changed behavior. Sutton is here to talk about the tour and let me know what she has planned for me. There's a schedule with time for Emily and Olivia.

,,So, what do you think?" She asks me and I just hum in acceptance. She crosses her arms. ,,Beca, we can't continue with this tour if you're not going to discuss the plans."

,,I'm sorry, Sutton but I'm not feeling too well."

,,Maybe you have to eat some lunch. Eating something mostly helps against sickness." She says and I know she's only trying to help but thinking about lunch, makes me throw up again. I hold my hand in front of my mouth and run towards the bathroom, just to throw up in the toilet.

When I'm done and have cleaned myself up, I walk back into my office just to be met with Emily. She's holding a bag in her hands and when she sees me, she grabs my hand.

,,Alright, we're going to the bathroom." I look at her.

,,I just got back from the bathroom. Why do we need to go back?" Emily holds up the bag in her hand. ,,What's in there?"

,,Pregnancy tests." Emily says with a smile. My eyes widened.

,,Wait, you really think it's because I'm pregnant that I'm throwing up?" Emily shrugs.

,,There's only one way to find out." I groan but let her take me back to the bathroom. There Emily hands me the bag and I see four different tests in the bag. I look up at Emily.

,,Why did you buy so many pregnancy tests? Was one test not enough?"

,,Well, some people say the first can be false, so I thought I'd buy four. And I didn't know which one was most accurate, so I bought them so you would have options." Emily now pushes me into a stall, luckily a different one than where I just threw up.

The next five minutes are very stressful, while Emily and I wait for the test results. I've set an alarm but it's taking forever. Well, it feels like forever. Five minutes is a long time when you have to wait. I'm nervous, so nervous. What if it's negative? How disappointed will Chloe be? My mind is racing with all kinds of doom scenarios that I don't notice my alarm going off. It's until Emily grabs both my shoulders and shakes me out of my thoughts.

,,Beca, the alarm went off! You can check if you're pregnant or not." Emily tells me. My eyes widen and the nerves rush back into my body. I shake my head, walking away from the tests.

,,Em, I can't look at it. I'm way too nervous, can you look at it for me? I don't want to disappoint Chloe if it turns out negative."

,,Beca, I'm sure nothing you do will disappoint Chloe but I will look." She says and then it's quiet for a small moment. It must be negative, right? I keep thinking while pacing around.