☆9☆

☆Yelena's point of view☆

It's finally Friday and I've been looking forward to today, or well, tonight. I'm excited to see Emily. We've only been dating for six months now, but it feels like we've known each other for a lifetime.

Work has been the main reason that I haven't been able to take Emily out earlier. I'm drowning in new cases since I'm the detective and New York City is flooded with crime.

I'm happy Emily agreed to live with me in my apartment but unfortunately we don't see much of each other lately. Emily is working with Beca to finish her album and as I said, I'm very busy with my detective work. We both haven't had much time to relax and have a moment for ourselves.

Tonight Beca and Chloe asked us to come with them to the restaurant, so that we could go onto a double date. I just couldn't say no, because I want to be able to relax tonight. So, that's why Chloe, Beca, Emily and I are sitting at a round table in one of my favorite restaurants.

,,So, Yelena." Chloe says. ,,Do you have a lot of murder or missing people cases lately?"

,,I have been busy with some murder cases, but not as much as the missing cases. It surprises me how much children are missing right now." I tell her.

,,How awful. Well, I hope you will find those children for their parents sake. I can't imagine losing Ryan and be in suspense for a long time, not knowing where he is or if he's still alive." I lay my hand on Chloe's for a moment.

,,I don't think Beca will let anything happen to Ryan." Chloe smiles at me. ,,But how's the living together going? Emily told me you two moved in together, congrats by the way."

,,Thank you, Yelena." Beca smiles. ,,It was certainly something I needed to get used to. Sleeping next to my amazing and beautiful girlfriend was nothing new, but having a cute little boy to look after was something different."

,,You are amazing with Ryan." Emily cuts in and smiles. ,,You should take him to the studio more often. Everybody loves him, even Sutton." Now she winks at Beca.

,,Ryan is a social sweetheart." Chloe says. ,,He will be nice to everyone as long as they're nice to him."

,,That's true." I agree with Chloe and listen to their conversation, while looking outside. I wonder what it's like to be a mother of my own. I can't imagine being pregnant but raising a child with Emily would be great. I look over to my gorgeous girlfriend and smile widely.

,,Is something wrong?" Emily asks me after a few silent minutes.

,,Nothing at all. I'm happy we're here together. I'm sorry I'm busy all the time." I apologize but Emily shakes her head.

,,You have nothing to apologize for. You are too good at your job, that's why everyone wants you to handle their cases."

,,Oh, I totally agree with Emily there." Chloe says. ,,You're the best detective New York can have. Without you, Beca would've never been found."

,,I love you." Emily says, kisses me and then takes a bite from her meal. My eyes go over her head to look out of the window. It's a nice view with all the Christmas lights.

Suddenly my eyes widen; a man walks by but not just any man, the man from the picture! My anger fills itself again and I stand up quickly.

,,Yelena, what's wrong?" Emily asks me. She's confused, just like Beca and Chloe.

,,That man- he killed Natasha!" I say, not waiting for a response. I grab my gun and run out of the restaurant. I hear Beca, Chloe and Emily call out my name but I don't stop. I keep on running, looking around for that man. Luckily it's night, so not many people are outside. I run as fast as my legs can take me, looking around for that guy. He's nowhere to be found but I'm positive he's hiding somewhere. I take another turn left, into some tourists looking for the right way and come to a stop at the Rockefeller Center with the ice rink and the big Christmas tree.