☆17☆

Chloe's point of view

My nerves are shaking my body while I finish getting ready. I was scared this day would come, but now that's happening I am freaking out. What if Chicago wins? I could lose Ryan if the judges decide that Chicago is better for him.

I try to take out the negative thoughts as I finally finish getting ready. Beca had a morning appointment at the company, but I will call her on my way to court. Hopefully she will come because I need her. I walk over towards Ryan's room and see him dressed but sad.

,,I don't want to go, mommy." He tells me and looks down.

,,I know sweety, but unfortunately you have to because the judges can ask you questions."

,,What questions?"

,,Sometimes they ask children where they want to stay, and who they feel more comfortable and safe around. It can help the judges make their decision."

,,I want to stay with you and mama." He says and I smile.

,,I know, sweety. If they ask you who you prefer to stay with, tell them okay? It's really important because I could lose you." Ryan shakes his head and immediately grabs my waist, hugging me.

,,Where is mama?" He asks me without releasing his grip.

,,Mama had an early appointment at work."

,,Is she coming to the judges too?" I take his hands from my waist and sit down to his level.

,,She didn't know the court date was today but I will call her, okay?"

,,Can you tell her that I really want her to be there?"

,,Of course I will tell her and I'm positive that she will come. Do you know why?" He shakes his head. ,,Because mama loves you so much." Ryan smiles at that and lets me take him to my car. I buckle him into his car seat and drive towards the courthouse.

Once I'm there, I suddenly feel sick. Emily and Aubrey, who were supposed to meet us, are coming over with smiles on their faces. When Aubrey notices the state I'm in, she takes Ryan out of the car and makes sure Emily brings him safely inside, before sitting in the passenger seat. I grab my phone and dial Beca. Luckily she always picks up when I call her.

Hey Chlo. I'm just in the middle of the meeting. Can I - she stops when she hears my breathing. Baby, what's wrong?

I am completely freaking out. What if Chicago wins today?

You're at the courthouse? The trial is today?

Yes, that's today. Beca, I need you. I can't handle this without you.

Okay, listen to me. Take a deep breath, Chlo. No judge in the world would take Ryan away from you, okay? You are a hardworking and amazing mother!

Thank you, I needed that.

Anytime. I'm going to end this meeting right now and then I'll come to you. Is there someone who is with you?

Yes, Aubrey and Emily are here but I need you!

I know, baby and I will be. I will be there in half an hour, okay? I hum and then Beca hangs up. I try to keep my breathing in check like Beca told me to but it's not working. The fear of losing Ryan is too big.

,,Chloe, calm down. Beca is on her way and nothing is going to happen to Ryan." Aubrey unbuckles me and then forces me to get out of the car. She locks my car for me and then takes me into the courthouse. Ryan, Emily, Aubrey and I are directed to a room.