Chapter- 37 Coffee Not-Date

A/N: Ehhh fuck it. I'm in a good mood. I'm mass-uploading the end of this book solely because I love and appreciate every single one of you wonderful readers!! 

🥰 Enjoy le Romance 🥰

🌙🍮🐓

Luna didn't pack up any of her stuff from Kenma's home because he had stood guard in front of all of it not letting her touch her belongings. Kuroo too wouldn't let her try and move out on claims that they would keep it as collateral so that she was forced to come to see them again. Luna loved their ridiculous asses, so she agreed even though she knew she'd always come back to them even if it was just as friends.

Kenma was about ready to stab her when she tried to give back his house key. "You've had that key for years, and you're going to keep that fucking key for the rest of your life!!! You had it when you were my friend, and you will always be my friend! Even when I get a new house, you're still going to have a key because you are a part of what makes my house a home Lu!" 

Kenma then proceeded to slam the door in her face.

Kuroo opened it seconds later and said with a wink, "'love you flower! Call us tomorrow!"

"...such loving and kind best friends I have," Luna snickered to herself as she felt a little better knowing Kenma nor Kuroo would allow her to pull away from them.

The trip to her own house was a short one, but soon enough she was standing in the middle of her townhome listening to the silence. Unlike with Suna where it'd always be quiet but filled with security, the echoing of her own loneliness consumed the soundless void. "This is what you need Luna. Embrace it. Growth isn't supposed to be comfy."

Luna cracked her knuckles as she once again reaffirmed why this period of self-isolation was necessary. "It's just a week. You got this!"

🌙😷

It was the longest fucking week of her life.

As per their arrangement, she texted Kenma and Kuroo numerous times throughout the day just to let them know she was alive. When she missed the meme quota one of the days, Kuroo had to fuck the aggression out of Kenma lest he manages to get his hands on Luna. Kuroo was secretly grateful to Luna because it had been their best sex yet!

During her days she caught herself foolishly getting her hopes up that the sounds of big footsteps coming down her hall would be Suna walking toward her office, but he was a man of his word. Suna went to every practice, every meeting, and every training session, but he would leave as soon as it was over without so much as a backward glance because sticking around knowing he was so close to her yet couldn't go see her was killing him.

Luna locked herself in her office and deep-dived into work. Atsumu had somehow managed to get a key to her office, so he'd invite himself in and bother her throughout the day just because he had just been dumped by his boyfriend and was too lazy to go find another partner. Kageyama would waste her time venting. Bokuto and Hinata were in competition to see who could leave the most stickers on her door before getting caught. She literally had cameras watching her door, so she knew it was them but she was kind of in love with the glittery kitty ones Bokuto left all over her window.

Sakusa however was the only one she actually spoke to.

"What are you doing...tomorrow?"

Luna looked away from her computer and raised a brow. "Why do you sound like you're asking me on a date Sakusa?"