Chapter 2

Timeskip to evening

Y/n POV

Since it was already 5:30 and my mom said to get ready by 6:00, I got up from my bed and changed into a hood and short pants.

My mom was also getting ready for dinner today when I came down. She saw me and frowned. She frowned at me for a second and opened her mouth.

Mom: Are you going to wear that for dinner today?

Y/n: *putting air pod into my ear* uh-huh.

Mom: Wouldn't it be cold?

Y/n: Nope, I'm okay mom. When are we going?

Mom: *sighing lightly* Right now.

Y/n: But it's not 6:00 a.m. now!

Mom: It's okay. Anyways, we are going to his home.

Y/n: What?! Are we going to his home? But I thought--

Mom: Nope. We are going to his house, y/n.

I sighed and listened to the song of ITZY, the k-pop girl group, Wannabe. This song describes my mind right now. Oh my god, save me from going to his home. Why did I ask her to meet him? I instantly regretted my decision.

His home?! Mom's boyfriend's home?! Someone save me from this situation--

At the car

I was humming the song of (G)i-ddle, Tomboy when my mom noticed the melody and glanced at me.

Mom: How many times did I say not to listen to that song?

Y/n: Mom--Can you just--leave me alone for only just one time?

Mom: Fine, but if I catch you listening to that again, you're gonna pay.

Y/n: Okay.

I looked at the phone screen. Pictures with my dad. I scrolled down my screen until the end when we took the picture at London tower before I return to Seoul alone. My dad had business had London, so I had to come alone. He was scheduled to come back that day--when his jet crashed and he just died. I knew that there was something behind my dad's death.

And now here I am, looking for the chance for revenge, and acting like a normal teenager. Ugh. I hate my life. When stared at the phone screen, my tear fell down. Even though he died four years ago, I still can't move on.

Mom called me.

Mom: Y/n?

Y/n: Y-yeah?

I swept my tears with my clothes, but it was too late. My mom noticed it.

Mom: Are you crying, y/n?

Y/n: N-no.

Mom: *sighs* Don't lie. You're shuttering. Y/n, I know it's sad, but it's time for us to move on. Okay? I promise your life will be better now.