30) Motives

Shit.

This wasn't good. I couldn't move. I strained to talk, to notify someone, but the only noise I could make was a horrible strained sound like a zombie struggling to draw breath. I resisted the enthrallment harder than I'd ever done before. This couldn't happen on Matthew's birthday, and in front of a human, no less. Ronnie might know about the boys' incubus powers, but he probably didn't know about the supernatural hybrid attacking me and I wasn't about to let that change. I forced my mouth open bit by bit.
"Sam..." I barely managed. He didn't hear me, engaged in conversation, but I was determined to stop this.
"Aomaris..." I gasped. That got his attention. He looked at me, confused, and then his eyes widened in horror as he looked into my eyes. He knew what was happening. And he was fucking livid. He shot up from his seat and stared intensely around the room, which caused everyone to go silent and glance between him and me. Mika stared before hastening an incredibly confused Ronnie out of the room.

I was almost screaming from the effort to resist the enthrallment. My grasp was slipping, however, and I knew I couldn't hold on for much longer. Who the fuck is this demon-devil bitch? I felt my arm slowly inch up the table towards the knives and James quickly pulled them out of my reach. I started panting. This was exhausting and I was dangling on the precipice of a drop-off, being dragged down by a current that was getting stronger and stronger. I couldn't hold on any longer. My resistance gave in and my body dove for the knives in James' hand, but before I could reach them I was pinned to my chair by a number of ethereal purple tentacles. I almost stopped fighting for the knives, I was so confused. But the enthrallment still had hold of me and I still fought. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Erik with his hand thrust towards me, straining to keep me tied down with his power. For every binding I ripped away, two more would appear and re-establish his hold. I'd never encountered Erik's power before, so I had no idea what would work to escape it and I hoped it would stay that way. As I broke more tendrils, another four appeared just as Sam vanished from his spot beside me and there was a shriek in the foyer.

As quickly as it began, the enthrallment seeped out of me and I collapsed in my chair, drained and panting for air. The tendrils shrank and vanished into a pale purple mist that quickly dissipated into the atmosphere. James and Damien were quickly by my side, Erik collapsed back into his chair, panting, and I watched Sam march back into the dining room, dragging someone with him. I couldn't help but gasp. She couldn't have been more than maybe thirteen, with pale red skin, short white hair, and those petrifying yellow eyes that had been plaguing me for days. She was obviously the cause of what had been happening to me.
"You're not him..." I whispered. She was kicking against Sam's grasp but he wasn't letting go. I got up carefully and approached them both slowly. She stopped fighting against Sam to glare at me.

"Who are you?" I asked gently. While she may have almost caused mine and Sam's deaths, this was still a kid and shouting would get us nowhere.
"I'm the one who's gonna fucking kill you!" She spat at me. "You and your fucking asswipe incubus!"
"What did we do?" I questioned. I was bewildered and Sam looked it too, though his main emotion still seemed to be anger. The kid glared at me with such incension that I felt as if she was trying to set me on fire.

"HE KILLED MY FUCKING FATHER, THAT'S WHAT!!!" She screamed. I froze, as did Sam. "HE KILLED MY FATHER TO PROTECT YOU!!"
"Malix?" Sam and I asked at the same time, incredulous.
"Malix had a child?" James sounded confused. "Why?" The child glared at him.
"How would I fucking know why he had me? All I know is he did and I was left alone in this stupid fucking human world while he chased you assholes around."
"What about your mother? Surely she could have-"
"I never knew my mother." The kid cut me off harshly. "My dad fell for her, she had his kid and then left us both. I don't know who she is." I frowned slightly. Whether she was a devil or not, she deserved a mother.