Part One: Landing

(Whytnie's POV)

“No. Yes. Well, I just barely landed. No, I’m barely going to get my bags right now. Well, my plane was delayed.” I rolled my eyes. Man, my overprotective father had the craziest imagination. He was going off about how he thought the plane crashed and blew up, but somehow I had survived and was swimming through the ocean somewhere alone. I was only one hour behind, and I had to keep promising him that I was going to live. Of course, he wouldn’t be okay unless I got on a plane and flew home right now, and no way was I going back. This was my dream, all I’d ever wanted. I was attending the college of my dreams, in the country I’d always dreamed of going to, and I was living with a group of people I’d only met in person on the plane ride over here. This year was definitely going to be exciting. Well, I hoped it would be.

            Except I never really planned on getting attacked in the first ten minutes of being in London. Apparently a huge boy band was on the same plane as I was, and they had all their fans waiting for them once they got off the plane. I didn’t even notice them next to me, because one of my new roommates, Clarissa, was going off about the paparazzi getting her “bad side” and how the guys we were sharing a house with were rolling their eyes about her conceited nature. I swear I’m going to be better friends with the two boys instead of this tall blond girl who is showing a little too much skin.

            Well, back to where I was attacked. In the middle of a very crowded airport. In between the people I’d be living with for the next year. And in between a camera guy videotaping the boy band’s year for a documentary. Along with a live news cast talking about the latest gossip of the boys getting back from the United States. Too bad all this embarrassment evolved around me.

            It all started with this girl who was crying and screaming at the same time, if that was even possible. Well, one of the boys I was going to be living with, Caleb, was looking at her as if she were Golem from The Lord of the Rings and the other guy, Carlos, was laughing like he’d seen Clarissa without makeup on. While Clarissa was posing for the cameras she thought was looking her way, I was looking around for a way pass all these psychotic group of girls trying to get some boy band to notice them. One of the paparazzi was moving in on us and I took a step back. Well, that was a mistake. My hand “accidentally” went into someone else’s and then I was blinded by the flash of a billion cameras going off. Then I became deaf from the crazy screaming. I also went blind from the fist that went flying at my face.