Part Twenty-Nine: Cheesy Lines Get You Nowhere

(Harry's POV)

Everyone had left. Liam and Danielle were cleaning up. Niall was supposed to be helping, but you’d have to tear him away from his food first. Man, could that lad eat. Louis was walking Eleanor out to her car. And Zayn had already left because his girlfriend had a few hours to kill. She’d been really busy lately, and well, so had we. So it was good for Zayn to finally get to see his girlfriend.

            So that left Whytnie and me.

            There she was. Or, there we were.

            She’d confessed everything like she couldn’t wait to get it off her chest. She didn’t leave anything out. Man, I felt like a jerk for ending it like I had. But it didn’t take her long to forgive me. She’d said it was all a “big misunderstanding”. I’d agreed. After she explained her part of the story, I explained mine. Why I hadn’t let it go any further, when this whole time I really wanted it to. Her reply? A smile. She could literally kill me with that smile. So how could I not smile back?

            “So what now, Harry?” she asked. I looked around the room. Management was going to be pissed when they found out. But like the lads say, I deserve to be happy.

            “Your black eye has suddenly disappeared,” I replied. I let my finger trace the outline that used to be there. She laughed. “I almost didn’t recognize you.”

            “So now I don’t have to wear crazy eyeliner anymore.” She smiled.

            “That’s good. You don’t need makeup.” She blushed. I was serious.

            “Cheesy lines get you nowhere, Harry.” We both started laughing. Once we finished, she leaned her head on my shoulder. We were both sitting down, otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to do that, considering how short she really is. But I wasn’t going to mention that. She was the perfect height for me. “So I heard you’re going to be working in the studio a lot lately.”

            “So now you read our updates?” I laughed. “Yeah, we also have the Olympics show to do next weekend.”

            “That’s exciting.” I nodded. “I have a test coming up.” We both started laughing again. And that’s how I wanted it to stay. We didn’t need to say a lot. The pauses weren’t awkward or uncomfortable. It just felt good to be in her presence.

            It’s weird, right?