Part Forty-Six: When Do I Get To Meet Him?

(Whytnie's POV)

“Hey!” Clarissa started yelling. “Caleb! It’s your turn to do the dishes! And no I will not cover for you, no matter what you try to bargain with. I’m not falling for it this time!” Caleb tried to reason with her, but it wasn’t working. This time she couldn’t be bought. “Carlos! And where do you think you’re going?” They tried to tell her about some concert they both got tickets to. Except the answers weren’t really matching up. “I know you’re both terrible liars. Give it up.”

            “Sounds like Clarissa is letting them have it,” Harry was saying. Both of us started laughing. Clarissa sends me a glare.

            “Tell them, Whyt! They can’t just walk away like this!”

            “I, am, Switzerland?” Harry started laughing again. Caleb shook his head.

            “Claire Bear, we’re going to clean up, but after we go out and get tattoos.” Clarissa glared at them while Carlos and Caleb fled the scene.

            “Why do boys always do this when it’s their turn to clean up?” Clarissa shook her head. “You know that leaves you and me to clean up the mess, right?”

            “But, I, uh, have Harry here,” I say. I swear the vein in her forehead is popping.

            “Oh, so the famous pop star boyfriend is talking to his dorky girlfriend on Skype, well, the world must stop!” Clarissa rolled her eyes. “You owe me big time.”

            “We’ll go shopping tomorrow.” Her face lit up. I laughed as I took my computer upstairs to talk to Harry in a more private place, and not have to hear Clarissa complain the whole time.

            “Well, she really must love shopping,” Harry said once we were “alone” in my bedroom. I really wish he was here with me instead of on my computer, but at least we’re face to face instead of over the phone. Well, kind of face to face. Actually it’s more like face to screen, but his face is on the screen moving and talking even though it’s a tad delayed.

            “She loves shopping with me,” I reply back, ignoring the pang in my stomach from the fact that he’s not here with me.

            “And why’s that?” Louis came on in the background yelling, but Harry shooed him out of the room. Louis kept making weird sounds because he knew who Harry was talking to. It was rather funny. “Sorry about that.”

            “No need to be sorry.” I smiled at him.

            “Anyways, where were we?” He smiled back. “Oh, yes, shopping.”

            “She likes shopping with me, because my dad’s rich.” I shrugged. “That’s why.”

            “She likes shopping with you, um, because you’re dad’s rich?”

            “When you’re rich, you get better treatment in stores, I guess.”

            “Ahh! I see now.” He smiles. “I just don’t get why you’re not all into shopping then.”

            “I don’t know, I’m just not.” I shrug. “It’s not my money, it’s my dad’s.”

            “Something only rich people say.” We both laughed. “But aren’t you two really close?”

            “Yeah. But while I was younger, he wasn’t always rich. We didn’t need much to survive, and I still feel the same way.” He looked like it was all starting to make sense now. “Besides, he has a new wife that needs all the material things.”

            “Oh.” Harry smiled at me. “So have you told him about us?”

            I laughed. “A long time ago, why?”

            “So when do I get to meet him?” He’s asking me this even though he’s closer to him than I am? Well, isn’t that odd.

            “Well, in the summer, when you come to Washington, you can meet him then.”

            “Sounds good.” He laughed. Liam and Niall came into the background calling for Harry about something they had to do. Harry just looked mad. “Hey, Whytnie, I have to, um, I’m going to be late for this, um, interview.”

            “Okay, text me later.” I smiled. Just smile and wave until the screen goes dead. Don’t cry. Please, please, don’t cry. Not now. Please, not now. Just hold it in a little bit longer.

            “Alright, bye, love.” He waved and I waved back. Then the screen went black.