Part Twenty-Two: Will Harry Be There?

(Whytnie's POV)

“So how was your day?” Caleb asked. We were sitting down eating tacos for dinner. Clarissa was texting some “hottie” she met while watching Caleb’s football practice. Carlos was at his girlfriend’s flat “studying”. I’m sure that’s what he was doing. “I heard one of my teammates likes you.”

            I spit out my orange mango Sunny-D that I was drinking. “Sorry. But what?”

            “I just wanted to see your reaction.” He shook his head. “Good to know. I’ll tell him not to approach you just yet.” Caleb laughed.

            “Not funny,” I insisted. He just laughed more.

            “So really, how was your day?” he asked once he finished laughing.

            “Okay. Niall visited me at the library today.”

            “Yeah?” Caleb looked confused. And so was I.

            First, on Tuesday Liam and Danielle visited me in the library asking me about school and stuff. I could tell that Liam wanted to say something more, but Danielle wouldn’t let him. I was just glad that we were still friends after things with Harry got awkward. I thought that they’d just forget I existed. But no.

            Second, Niall visited me today. He “was supposed to be making sure that I was still coming to Danielle’s party this weekend”, but I got him off his original agenda. Then I made sure to text Danielle that I would still come if she was still having it. She told me that I could bring Caleb or whoever I wanted. I mean, I’m not popular or anything but I did make a few friends. Yes, most of them guys. What do you expect? The female population hates me. And I didn’t even do anything! I honestly don’t get it.

            Third, today is Thursday and the party is Saturday. Clarissa has a date on Saturday night with the jock, and Carlos will probably be with his new girlfriend. All that left was Caleb. I didn’t know if he already had plans or not, he didn’t tell me otherwise. So let’s be honest: Caleb is hot. I know he’s like a big brother to me, but I will admit he is hot. Let’s face it, when a guy is hot he usually has girls crawling all over him. And he does. Except he never lets anything happen out of all the girls that are all over him. I mean, they’re basically drooling all over him. These British girls really love his American accent.

            “… He said what!” Clarissa yelled, bringing me back to the present. Caleb and I both looked at her oddly. Apparently, she’d gotten a phone call from some chick she was always with. They were gossiping like they were still in high school. She left the table, didn’t want our “listening ears” in on their conversation.

            “Awkward,” Caleb joked. “You finished?” He pointed to my plate. I nodded and he took them into the kitchen. I sat there and waited until he got back. “What’s up?” he asked. He was probably wondering why I hadn’t left the dining area yet. “It’s your turn to pick what we watch on T.V. Thought you’d be excited.”

            I shook my head. “What are you doing this weekend?”

            “Nothing. Why, what’s up?” He sat back down in his chair. “Wanna go exploring some more?”

            “As tempting as that sounds,” I smiled, “Danielle invited me to her party this weekend.”

            “Danielle? As in Liam and Danielle?” I rolled my eyes. Was there a different Danielle?

            “Uh, yeah.”

            “Oh, cool. You’re going to that?” I nodded. “And you want me to go with you?” I nodded again. “Will Harry be there?” I shrugged.

            “So what if he is?”

            “You seem indifferent about it.”

            “Am I supposed to just stay hung up on some guy that wants nothing to do with me?”

            “No.” He smiled.

            “Then what’s there to worry about?”