Part Forty-Seven: The Dropping Of The "L" Bomb

(Whytnie's POV)

Today was the day Harry was coming back to London for a week. It was also my last week in London! Yay, finals! I should actually be studying right now, but instead I’m at the airport. Waiting. Just patiently waiting for a certain boy to get off his plane. Yes, patiently waiting. I love waiting. Right? Well, at least I had Eleanor here to keep me company. Danielle was around, except I think she went to use the loo.

            “…So remember last week, at Danielle’s party, how we had that dancing competition?” Eleanor was saying. I nodded. “Well, I think she’s still mad that you beat her.”

            “Yeah, I don’t even know how!” We both laughed. “Why would she be mad? It was only a game.”

            “Because she takes pride in her dancing.”

            “Oh, well, I, um, am sorry?” She smiled.

            “Don’t apologize.” She laughed. “Here she comes, act cool.” Danielle walked over to us, carrying some coffees. “Thanks, love.”

            “I got you hot chocolate, Whytnie, because I know how much you hate coffee.” She smiled at me and handed me my drink. I thanked her. “So what were we talking about?”

            “The boy’s surprise party later.”

            “Right.”

            “Did you get a hold of Harry’s mum? Is she coming in?”

            “I thought that was Whytnie’s job?”

            “No, Whytnie was in charge of Niall’s family! And the drinks.” So it was clear that Harry’s family wasn’t going to be there. Great. He’ll just have to go over and visit them when he gets back. And knowing him, he’ll want to take me. I’m running out of excuses.

            Time to change the subject.

            “Don’t worry, guys, Niall’s family is already there, and so should the drinks. I already ordered some ahead of time and had them delivered.” They looked relieved, and then nervous about whether or not the food was going to be there on time. Just as they started talking more, the boy’s plane landed. The conversation stopped when they started walking out.

            What happened next was actually funny. I didn’t really have the best memories of airports, considering the first time I’d landed in London I’d gotten a black eye. The second time I’d come to one, was to drop Harry off, and I almost got attacked again because all the fans were here to see him off too. It was cute, except for the fact they wanted to hurt me. Now here I was. Again. At least this time I wasn’t alone. And now Harry was here. I couldn’t help but smile as he wrapped his arms around me. Louis had done the same to Eleanor, and Liam had done the same to Danielle. But watching Zayn and Niall hug each other like we all did was pretty funny.

            “Let’s grab our bags, boys,” Louis said. We all went to the room where all their bags were and they grabbed up theirs and then we left. To my house. Well, after they dropped off their bags at their apartments, we all agreed to eat at my house because I told them “Caleb was going to cook dinner”. The boys have warmed up to Caleb since he “kissed me”, but they saw how over it both of us were and they got over it too. I was glad. All that stuff was just forgotten and Caleb’s and my relationship went back to the same ol same ol. All about video games, joking and laughing, and definitely no shopping, which was exactly how I liked it.

            “Surprise!” Everyone yelled as we walked into my place. The boys started making their way through their families and friends. The girls and I went to the kitchen to make sure everything was running smoothly.

            And it did.

            Minus the small detail that Harry’s family hadn’t shown up.

            Very small, almost nonexistent.

            Once people started leaving, Louis took that as his cue to take Eleanor and run. So did Liam. Zayn went somewhere with Perrie, and Niall went someplace else with his family. That left Harry, Caleb, Carlos, his date, Clarissa, her date, and me. We had the mess to clean.

            “Don’t worry about it,” Caleb said as I started to clean. “Clarissa, Carlos, and I have this.” He winked at me before pushing me towards Harry.

            “I owe you one, then.”

            “Owe me three! In burgundy!” I rolled my eyes and laughed. Clarissa’s birthday was coming up the day before we left and she made it clear to everyone what she wanted. I pulled Harry out of the door before Clarissa could go into detail about the shoes she wants. Believe me, I’ve seen them a billion times in person, over the phone, and hanging up in our room. I already bought them. In my size. Oops.

            “So where to now, Harry?” I asked, as we walked hand in hand.

            “That all depends.”

            “On what?” We were at some park, and the sun was setting. It was really beautiful outside.

            “Whytnie?” I looked over at him. “I love you.” I was too shocked to say anything. Great. He just dropped the L bomb, and I’m frozen. Well, I have to say something! Say something! Anything!

            “I…”

            Do I love him?