Part Fifty: So Don't Ever Leave Me

(Whytnie's POV)

“Do you have everything?” Clarissa double checked her bags. “I’m absolutely positive that I forgot something.” Caleb rolled his eyes. “Okay, yeah, I know, we checked the place over a billion times and all, but I still feel like I don’t have everything.”

            “Clarissa, we’ve cleaned that house inside and out, I’m pretty sure you have everything,” I tried to convince her. She wasn’t buying it. Harry and the boys laughed.

            “It’s definitely not funny!” She shook her head and recounted her bags. “I don’t remember having this many bags when I came here.”

            “Must’ve been all that shopping,” Harry muttered, and he and Caleb laughed. Clarissa glared at both of them, causing Louis and I to start laughing.

            “Our planes ready, lads,” Niall said. Louis and Liam went to give their girlfriends one last goodbye before we all left. I gave Eleanor and Danielle a hug and told them to keep in touch. And then we boarded the plane. Harry and I sat away from the others. Except we could still hear Clarissa complain about every little thing, and Caleb getting even angrier because his seat was right next to hers. Niall’s laugh spread throughout the room as he sat in front of them with Zayn. Liam and Louis were a couple seats behind us.

            “…So I was, um, thinking, that once we landed in New York we could visit time square,” Harry was saying. The boys were going to be in New York for a week, and mine and Caleb’s plane didn’t leave until the day after we landed. Which gave me one extra day with Harry. Except I feel like I need way more.

            “Sounds good,” I replied. Honestly, if he wanted to go walk down a dark alley, I’d go. Well, maybe. I don’t know why he’d want to walk down a dark alley, but oh well. If he’s there, then I’m there. Or well, still a definite maybe. Depends on whether he brought candy or not.

            So the plane ride wasn’t as boring as it had been before. Of course, this time I had Harry right beside me. He even let me lean on his shoulder for a nap. As soon as I woke up, he was looking at me.

            “What?”

            “We’re almost there.” I made a sad face. “Yeah, I don’t want you to go either.”

            “So don’t ever leave me.” We both laughed.

            “If I didn’t have to, I wouldn’t.” He kissed my forehead. “Too bad you couldn’t just stay a couple of days extra.”

            “Right?” I shook my head. “My dad really wants me home. He kept texting me all week that he never wanted me to go that far ever again.” We both laughed. “But he’ll have to get over it.”

            “Maybe next time, he’ll come with you.” I looked at him odd. “My mum would love to meet him.”

            “Yeah, well, let’s get past you meeting him first.” We both laughed as they told us we’d be landing soon. I held onto Harry’s hand as we landed. Then Clarissa was going off about how she hoped no one stole any of her bags. Caleb was starting to get really annoyed, even more than he already was. Carlos quickly said his goodbyes and had to immediately go onto a different plane. Clarissa’s ride was waiting for her outside the airport, and she blew us all kisses before getting into the stretched limo that her father owned. Caleb let out the breath he was holding.

            “Well, lads we better check into our hotel,” their manager said, once Clarissa left. Caleb and I were staying somewhere else and we made plans to meet up after we dropped off our bags. Except Louis promised to take Caleb with him, because Harry and I only had one more day to be together. But I just didn’t want anything to be awkward with Caleb.

            “So I’ll see you, um, in a few?” Harry whispered to me, giving me a kiss before he was ushered off with the other boys.