Part Fifty-Three: Excited Or Horrified?

(Whytnie's POV)

Today is the day Harry goes back on tour. Can’t say that I’m all too excited, well, not a whole lot. He was still doing what he loved. I couldn’t take that from him. I wouldn’t deserve him if I had. Well, I still feel like I don’t deserve him sometimes. It really frightens me. I get scared that one day he’s going to look at me and think of how much better he could do. I don’t really think I could handle that kind of rejection. Especially from him.

            My father likes him. Not that he’d ever admit that out loud, but over the past week, I know Harry’s grown on him. He is quite the charmer. My brother absolutely adores him, he’s even replaced my cousin with him, and he really looked up to my cousin. Well, at least the rest of my family liked him. My mom wasn’t too sure about him at first, but the more they talked the more she liked him. And my sister is really hard to get along with. I don’t really think she likes anyone. But as long as she didn’t say anything mean to him or about him, I was okay with that. It meant she didn’t hate him.

            So now, here we were. Harry and I. His plane was ready to board, but we had a few more minutes. It’s time that I broke the news to him. I don’t know if he’d be excited or horrified.

            Well, here goes nothing.

            “Harry?” I took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m, uh, well, I, uh… Got accepted! I’m going back to London in the fall!” I closed my eyes, expecting the worst. Instead he kissed me and couldn’t hold in his excitement.

            “So when do you go back?”

            “Well, I don’t start until September, but I could go back whenever.” He looked really relieved.

            “So after we finish the U.S. tour, I’ll come get you so we can fly back together. And this time, we’ll actually be together.”

            “Hopefully no more black eyes.”

            “Well, you never know with crazy people these days.” And I didn’t. Some people were extremely crazy. I just think about all the rumors and lies that were spread about Harry and I, and well Harry and a bunch of other people. Girls mostly. But I made him a promise and I plan on sticking to it. After all, I loved him.

            Great. Now here come the tears.

            I just really don’t want him to leave.

            And like the perfect boyfriend that he was, he wrapped his arms around me. I couldn’t breathe, but that was okay with me. It wasn’t going to be like this for a while, so I had to enjoy it while it lasted.

            If only it lasted longer.

            It was the final call for his flight, and he had to leave me.

            Once he saw me crying, he started to cry.

            Man, my stomach was doing flips. I really didn’t want him to go.

            “I’ll call you as soon as I land,” he promised. Before he disappeared completely, he shouted, “I love you, Whytnie!”