Part Twenty-Four: Good Timing Maybe?

(Louis' POV)

“Harry! Give me your phone right now!” I glared at him. “You don’t need to check your twitter updates.” Harry rolled his eyes. “I’m being serious.” He started to unlock it. “Harry! I need to call Eleanor.”

            “Then use your own phone.”

            “It’s dead.” Harry shook his head.

            “Fine!” He gave me the phone and I breathed out in relief. “I’ll check my twitter on my computer.” I ran past him and blocked his path to his computer.

            “Zayn wanted us to meet him.”

            “Right now?” I nodded. “What’s the hurry?” My phone started going off in my pocket. Harry gave me a weird look. “I thought you said it was dead.”

            “It has suddenly come back from the dead!” I laughed. “What a miracle.”

            “Louis?”

            “You’re not going to like this, lad.” He waited for me to go on. What else was I supposed to do? “Let me answer my phone first.” I left the room, his phone still in hand, as I answered my own. It was Liam. He had checked his twitter updates.

            “She’s moved on, Louis!” Liam shouted.

            “Shh!” I hissed. I was already going deaf in my ear; I didn’t need Liam to finish off the job.

            “What do we do, Louis?”

            “Keep calm.” I knew he’d be confused with my answer. “We’ve still got this weekend.” I hung up on him. As I felt a plan forming in my brain, I walked into the living room to find Harry on his laptop. I froze. He was still, as well. He’d seen his twitter updates. He’d seen the picture. He knows that Whytnie has moved on. Well, hell, I was doing a crappy job of keeping him from this news.

            His phone started ringing. It was his mum’s ringtone. Harry looked up from the computer and snatched his phone out of my hand. “Hello, mum?” I couldn’t hear exactly what she was saying, but I knew what it was about. Whytnie. She’d seen the updates as well. “No, mum, I don’t want to talk to Gemma.” Harry listened some more. “Not right now. I’ll see you this weekend.” He talked to her a little bit longer, but then they both said their goodbyes.

            “So you’re not going to the party this weekend?” Harry shook his head and turned off his computer.

            “I promised my mum that I’d visit her.”

            “It could be a big misunderstanding.” Harry looked back at me. “After all, the same thing happened at the airport.” Harry looked down at his shoes and then back up.

            “It didn’t look like an accident in the picture.”

            “Good timing, maybe?” He didn’t say anything. “Don’t you think she should explain herself before you go and think the worst?”