Part Fifty-One: ...She's Going Back To Washington

(Whytnie's POV)

Five more hours. Five hours. I just want time to slow down. But because I said that, it’ll go by quickly. Great. I just don’t think I’m ready to leave Harry yet. Yeah, I know, I don’t have a choice and blah, blah, blah. That doesn’t mean I have to like it.

            Right now, he’s doing some radio interview with Zayn. So I’m patiently waiting for him to finish up, so we can spend the little time I have left together.

            Actually I’m listening to the radio station he’s on right now. With Caleb. In some diner that we decided to eat breakfast at. They’re talking about their tour that’s coming up and how their playing some pretty big gigs this year, like award shows and such. Sounds exciting. I know Harry’s looking forward to it.

            But what am I looking forward to?

            Well, seeing my family after a year of being without them.

            July. When Harry comes and sees me. Well, maybe not, because then he meets my dad. I’m really nervous about that. Harry’s not. I don’t know why. My father is hard to get along with and hard to impress. So I’m nervous.

            Then what?

            I applied to a bunch of colleges for fall, but I haven’t received anything back yet. Of course, I hadn’t gone home yet and the letters are all mailed there. So I’m hoping that I’ll go back and there are a bunch of acceptance letters for me to choose from. Of course, the original plan when I got back from London is to study this fall in California and then next fall in France. But I think I’m going to change the plan. If I get the right acceptance letter.

            I don’t really think my stomach can handle all these nerves right now.

            To top it all off, the interviewer has brought me into the conversation.

            “… So she’s going back to Washington today, how do you feel about that, Harry?” There was a long pause before he answered.

            “I, um, don’t really like it.” Zayn laughed. “But, like, what can I do?”

            “Don’t want to disappoint the fans, right?”

            “Basically yes.”

            “So how are you two going to keep the long distance relationship going?”

            “Well, like, she came up with this, um, idea, that we, uh, send pictures of, like, ourselves to each other, like, every day…”

            “So you don’t forget what each other looks like?”

            “Basically.”

            “Well, you heard it here first! Thank you Zayn and Harry from One Direction, the biggest boy band right now, for being on our show. We hope to see you boys again real soon.”

            “A massive thank you to all the fans.”

            “Buh bye!”

            And that was the end of that radio show. Now I should be getting a text from Harry any—

            There it is.

            He just texted me about where we should meet up before I have to be at the airport. Man, I’m already ready to cry my eyes out. I just don’t want to do this. I don’t want to say goodbye.

            “It’s not for long,” Harry reminded me. Caleb and I both turned to him, as he strode right up to us. Wow, it’s like he read my mind. “Hey, love.”

            “How’d you know I was here?” I asked him.

            “Well, since, like, you’re dating me, I heard, like, you were eating here with, um, Caleb.”

            “And how’d you get here so fast?”

            “The, uh, interview was right down the street.”

            “Well, I’ll see you in a little bit then, Whytnie.” Caleb nodded at me. “Later, Harry.” Harry nodded back at Caleb and then Caleb left.

            And basically all we did was talk about how we were going to miss each other. It was really sad and pathetic. But then came the time when the two of us were standing at the airport, Caleb already boarded the plane. It was the final call.

            “I’ll miss you,” Harry said again.

            “Me too.” He kissed me.

            “Call me when you land.”

            “I will.” I waved and turned to go.

            “Whytnie?” I looked back at him. He was trying really hard not to cry. “I love you.”