Part Forty-Four: Your Boyfriend Is At The Door

(Whytnie's POV)

“So do you want to hear what they’re saying on the rumor patrol?” Clarissa asked. Not really. But she wasn’t taking no for an answer. “They’re talking about all these other girls that Harry’s been seen with. Apparently, he doesn’t look all worked up about your break up.”

            “I don’t know if we broke up or not,” I said into my pillow. I really felt like poo.

            “Well, he hasn’t called…” Clarissa started.

            “But I had to get a new phone because of what you did to my last one.”

            “…And he is probably hooking up with all these other girls,” Clarissa finished like I’d never spoken. I rolled my eyes and covered my head with my blanket. I could hear the door open and I knew Caleb walked in.

            “How’s she holding up?”

            “Still the same.”

            “Man, I wish she would just tell us what really happened, you know?”

            “I’m right here. Don’t talk about me like I’m not,” I say irritated.

            “Well, it’s kind of hard since we never see you moving at all.”

            “I don’t feel like moving.”

            “Well, sooner or later you’re going to have to get up.”

            “Not today.”

            “Listen, he’s out there getting it on with a bunch of skanks, and you’re just wallowing away! Sounds to me like you need a girl’s night.” Leave it to Clarissa to be as blunt as she can.

            “I’m fine,” I reply, knowing full well how horrible a lie that is.

            “You’re not!” Caleb agrees. I mentally roll my eyes.

            “Listen,” Clarissa starts, “he’s seen with the same damn girl all over the place. It’s probably his new girlfriend, I mean there’s a lot of rumors going on about them. Even the boys are saying ‘no comment’ when she’s brought up.”

            “You’re not helping, Clarissa,” Caleb argues. He sits on the end of my bed. “Don’t listen to them, if Harry and you didn’t officially break up then maybe it’s all one big misunderstanding.” I push back the blankets and look up at him.

            “And now you’re on his side?”

            “Listen, me and the lad may have our ups and downs, but I trust him not to hurt you like that. He knows better,” Caleb said. I rolled my eyes and covered myself again. The doorbell rang, but Caleb reminded Clarissa that Carlos was downstairs and he would get it.

            Then the next thing you know, Carlos is opening my bedroom door and saying, “Your boyfriend is at the door.”