Part Six: And Then There Was A Hello

(Whytnie's POV)

“Hi,” I said. I can feel everyone’s eyes on me.

            “Hello.” He smiles. “How’s your, um, eye?”

            “It’s healing,” I reply.

            “That’s good.” Enter awkward pause. He finally breaks it. “So about this, uh, weekend, you’re still coming right?”

            “Um, I don’t know yet.”

            “It’d mean a lot if you came.” A few people “awe” while others seem angry. They’re probably wondering why Harry can’t seem to “get over” me and move on “like I did”. Seriously, these crazy people are blowing things way out of proportion. Can’t we just be friends or awkward acquaintances? Why even put a label on it?

            “I’ll think about it.” I smile. “So you’re rehearsing or what?”

            “Yeah. Down the street. I was sent on a Starbucks run.” He looks behind him, as another guy walks in. Harry introduces him as Louis and explains that he’s in the band with him, and that he’s his best friend and closest to him. Also that they live together in an apartment, or well flat as they called it.

            “So Louis, right? Nice to meet you.”

            “Same here. I was wondering when we’d finally meet you. Seems like Harry here just can’t stop talking about you.”

            “Along with everyone else,” I joke.

            “You’ll get used to it,” Louis joked back. “So what are you up to right now?”

            “Um, shopping with Clarissa.”

            “Well, if you’re too busy than I won’t invite you to tag along with us.”

            “We can go shopping later!” Clarissa shouts. Louis and Harry laugh.

            “Well, let us order first, and then we’ll be off.” Louis and Harry make their way through the line and finally order. Clarissa and I sat down to wait for them.