christmas special!

A/N: this is a filler chapter since Christmas is tomorrow, this has nothing to do with the storyline, just thought it'd be fun!! 

---

It was Christmas morning and the Task Force base was decorated beautifully. In the lounge room there stood a Christmas tree with presents underneath, Christmas lights were hung around the room, the windows were open to show off the snowy outside, and the whole room smelt like cookies and eggnog. The fireplace flickered softly in the distance as well.

Price and Laswell stayed up all night setting things up as the group slept, knowing these hard-working soldiers deserved some innocence. Laswell was able to get her wife to come to visit, the two making some amazing breakfast as Price had gotten dressed.

He was begrudgingly dressed as Santa. He refused to put on a fake beard but he did wear the red suit with the hat, and that was enough for him to be embarrassed. Camou the kitten was dressed in a little reindeer outfit, mainly staying by Laswell's side, sitting on the counter and watching her make the food with an attentive gaze.

Y/n had already gotten dressed, wearing black leggings and an ugly sweater. She and Gaz went shopping the previous day and got everyone's outfits. Veil stretched before leaving her room,  almost bumping into Soap who apparently waited by her door, holding something above her. He wore a Santa hat that slightly tilted to the left.

"Morning my love," He slyly greeted with a low voice, and as he did Y/n looked up to see him holding a mistletoe.

"You're so corny."

Her insult caused a giddy feeling in Soap's chest, a chuckle leaving his lips. He narrowed his eyes playfully, "I'm waiting."

Veil rolled her eyes and then planted a kiss on Soap's lips quickly. The two laughed at each other and then headed toward the lounge room, his hand on her back. 

Alejandro and Rodolfo were able to make it to celebrate with their friends. Rudy had painted his nose red since his name closely resembled the red-nosed reindeer. Alejandro noticed Veil and Soap enter the room, a mug of spiked eggnog in his hand. He gave a nod toward them with a grin, still coping with Jarvis's death. He visited the Gonzalez family before coming here and they seemed fine, had moved to the States and all.

Gaz and Target were second to come into the room. Poor Kyle had vented to Veil the other day about how Target thought he was her best friend, always trying to be at his hip, and this comforted Y/n because she was what Kiley wanted to be with Garrick.

Everyone who just entered the room laughed at Price and he was a good sport and flipped them off, as any man would if they were dressed as Santa. Ghost then walked through the door with an antlers headband on his head, seemingly okay with the outfit.

Y/n grabbed Camou gently after greeting Laswell and her beautiful lover, heading over toward the couch, the kitten swatting at the Christmas light necklace she wore. She sat down on the cushions, Soap following by her side after getting some adult eggnog, their legs touching as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and his attention focused on the tv while some sport played.

Time passed and the group decided to open their presents. They had arranged Secret Santa the week prior so everyone was able to get gifts for their randomly chosen friend.

Ghost was first up, grabbing a box with a grin on his lips. He never had the chance to be a kid, so the fact the group put this together got him excited. No one could see his joy, so he felt comfortable smiling as he unwrapped the gift.

It was a new knife set, his eyes flickering up to the group who watched, Price taking a sip of his drink. 

"What is it?" Price casually asked with his mouth hovering near the lip of the cup, taking another drink after.