chapter thirty-four.

A/N: sorry for the bad chapter, been a lil unmotivated with stuff recently but hope this aint tooooo baddddd. ENJOY YOU THIRSTY HOES <3

---

Veil knew the mission would be soon, but she didn't expect it to be a few hours soon. She assumed whoever reached out to Price already had the full plan set since they were leaving right away with no hesitance.

She was allowed only to bring a backpack since they'll be sleeping in tents. It was a decent-sized bag she was given, but she just dreaded having to push through cold nights, so what she packed was mainly thick-layered. 

As Y/n was in the middle of packing and debating what to bring, scanning the room. Her dog tag caught her eye. Without a second thought, she grabbed the necklace with Soaps number and put it over her head, the metal resting gently against her collarbone once the necklace was secure. She continued packing until knocks were heard at her door.

"Come in," She mindlessly replied, assuming it was Gaz or Soap. Her eyes went toward the door once it opened, widening after spotting who it was.

"Hey Ghost, what's up?" Setting aside the bag, Veil straightened her posture and crossed her arms, her tone light and welcoming. Wasn't he the one threatening her to stay away?

The masked man shifted a bit, looking to his right before meeting her eyes, "You think you got everything ready?" Was his first question, not even greeting her. He was usually so stoic, why now did he seem unsettled? Did MacTavish talk to him? 

He wasn't invited to the party, Soaps decision, so Veil wondered why he was talking to her about it. Wait... he probably was going to convince her to let him go instead.

The girl merely looked at her bed where the bag laid, nodding as she met his eyes, "Yeah, think so... I'm sorry, did you need something?"

Ghost blinked before allowing himself inside the room a bit more, the arm that was out of view holding a brand new blanket that wasn't even unpackaged yet. He tossed it over to her, Veil catching it with ease. 

She examined it, the material extremely soft. It was fully black and on the packaging it said it was a twin-sized blanket. Her mind spun in confusion as she looked up with narrowed eyebrows, her expression showing every sign of curiosity.

"What, don't like it?" Ghost gruffly asked, watching as she looked back down at the material. He was smart enough to know she found this out of character.

"Not that, just why are you giving this to me? Did you buy it?"

Simon's eyes were unreadable as they were blankly set on her, "It'll be cold out there, figured you didn't want that one getting ruined," his eyes flickered over to her comfort blanket that was already poking out of the bag. He noticed it was her favorite.

Veil's face flushed, "Thanks..." she was still wondering if he went out of his way to buy this for her but figured to keep her mouth shut. She walked over to the bag and took out her old blanket, putting the new one in the bag and made sure the teddy bear Gaz gave her was settled in a comfortable way.

"You want to go, right?"

Now she became nervous, "Yeah, I do. You're the one who said I sit around, and I think I have been as well. I won't mess up this time."

"Good."

He tried to motivate himself, looking for the correct words to say. Should he apologize? Naw, his ego would be ruined then. He didn't want her to dislike him, though. Fuck, what about Soap in this situation? He would probably be angry, but why care.

"So you and Johnny..." He started awkwardly. Veil imagined this was normal as those two were friends and she guessed he didn't want to make it weird if he asked Soap personally.