chapter thirty-two.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Ghost felt his eye twitch as the obnoxious sound of water dripping echoed loudly throughout the kitchen. He had come in here to get breakfast before everyone else, wanting to eat his food in peace. Oatmeal was the breakfast choice for today, the masked man leaning against a counter as he held the hot dish. 

His plan for today was simple. After eating breakfast he aimed for going to the gym, maybe go to town to get some new clothes then come back here to figure the rest out as time went back. As he ran through his ideas he lifted up his mask to make his mouth visible, scooping up the warm food and taking a bite.

Things were good. Things were okay. Well, they were before he heard two voices approaching the kitchen area, rolling his eyes to the ceiling before continuing the enjoy his food. Things were okay.

He recognized them immediately. Soap and Veil. Why did MacTavish always stay by Veil's side, he didn't know. He actually had an idea, but he forced that away from his brain. Once they were around the corner, Simon scarfed down the rest of his food and then pulled his mask down.

The group of two entered and were now across the room, not seeming to notice Simon on the opposite side. His eyes narrowed once they landed on her.

Y/n.

Ghost's cold eyes watched as Veil stretched up to grab a bowl from the cabinet above her head, examining the shirt pressing against her back from the angle she reached up and revealed how easy her form was to see. He also noted how the top part of her shirt was wet from her damp hair, assuming she had just showered. 

The girl laughed as Soap gave some random joke, Simon's eyes catching her smile as she turned to look at her companion.

He felt his heart begin to pick up its pace.

"Smells like blueberries in here," Veil commented to her friend, Soap agreeing with a side smile and a nod.

Her voice...

Ghost noticed he was staring, swiftly moving his gaze away in case they caught him. He had to close his eyes to focus on breathing just so he could slow down his heartbeat, mentally cussing at himself for being so absentminded. After the moment of relaxation, he figured he should just leave the room to clear his thoughts and get away.

He grabbed his bowl and then went toward the sink. Veil noticed him and took a few steps back to give room, doing so out of kindness but also because she didn't want any drama to start.

Soap flickered his eyes between the two and remembered what Ghost had told Y/n before they came to Canada. He felt a strong urge in his chest to speak up but knew now wasn't the right time to address anything. He grabbed his own bowl and then two spoons, motioning for Y/n to move to the table. 

"I'll get the rest it's ok, you can sit down," His words were soft, placing his bowl on the table, one spoon in his and the other in hers. When he turned around he realized Ghost's eyes were on the back of Y/n's head, MacTavish's eyebrows narrowing. He was ready to yell at Simon if he even began to give off bad energy toward her.

He didn't know a single thing about Ghost's mindset as he removed his eyes from the girl, putting his dish in the sink. He had seen the hickies on Veil's neck, his heart racing once more and face darkening from many feelings, but one feeling overpowered the rest.

Simon Riley was jealous.

He put two and two together, realizing they had slept together. It was inevitable, Ghost knew that because he saw how Y/n looked at Johnny and how he always took care of her, but just knowing for a fact that Soap touched Veil's body last night caused a stir in him.