Haunted {09}

¤~

CHAPTER NINE
Haunted

"Face of an angel, mind of a killer

"Face of an angel, mind of a killer."

~ Unknown

¤~

Saturday, October 31, 2009

      Unsurprisingly, it took some time for Stefan and Damon to find Vicki and confine her to their house, considering they shared barely half a brain cell between them. It took them until late two nights ago to early morning yesterday to find the childish drug addicted newbie vampire that had nowhere else to go with limited hiding places in this small ass town.

Yesterday, Vicki was allowed to call Matt to let him know she was fine, but she also tried to call Jeremy since I wouldn't let him come to the Salvatore home while she was there. So, when I told her to quit trying to perv on my baby brother, she tried to intimidate me with her new vampire strength, choking me against the wall.

That's why I felt perfectly justified when I shoved a stake through her stomach, and promised her that next time I wouldn't miss and she'd do well to listen to me or she'd receive a lot worse that she'd be begging me to kill her.

Yesterday, while at school -- having arrived a little less than halfway through the school day -- when Caroline was giving Bonnie her costume, I slipped the Bennett crystal inside the bag it was in. So, now Bonnie has Emily's necklace.

'Hopefully, this time around, Emily won't give Bonnie nightmares since she made that deal with me. . .'

¤~

      Tonight is the night of the Halloween party at the school. This time around, Jeremy is actually looking forward to going with me and the girls; even having a costume of his own to go with our theme, even though he refused to wear the wings.

So, dressed and ready for a night of fun on my favorite holiday of the year, we meet with Caroline and Bonnie in front of the school.

"Well, don't you both look gorgeous." I greet with a cheeky grin and a dramatic curtsy.

Chuckling, they return the flourished gesture.

"Cider for the ladies and the elvin king." Tyler announces as he comes up to our small group with handfuls of red solo cups. "It's a Lockwood special."

"Ugh, yes, please!" I say as Caroline, Jeremy and I eagerly take a cup each.

"No way." Bonnie shakes her head, laughing. "Last year, I was hungover until Thanksgiving."