Bad Moon Rising {26}

¤~

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
Bad Moon Rising

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXBad Moon Rising

"Never tolerate disrespect. The more chances you give someone, the less respect they'll start to have for you. They'll begin to ignore the standards that you've set because they'll know another chance will always be given. They're not afraid to lose you because they know, no matter what, you won't walk away. They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable disrespecting you."

~ Unknown

¤~

Sunday, February 28, 2010

**(TW: Mentions of SA. Nothing
explicit, and certainly nothing
happening; they just speak
on it. But, again, nothing in-depth.
Still, just thought I'd let you all know
ahead of time, just in case.)**

      Sitting on the couch in the Salvatore living-room with Bonnie and Alaric while the brothers stand around and brood, we discuss last night.

"How did this happen?" Stefan asks with a deep frown, gaining a deadpanned look from me.

"Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her, and A plus B equals. . ." Damon rolls his eyes.

"But, why?" Alaric questions, not understanding the seemingly senseless act.

The older Salvatore smiles falsely, "Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty little slut."

"And, she said, 'Game on'?" The bunny-muncher looks to me to confirm, to which I nod. "I mean, what does that even mean?"

"It means she's playing dirty." His brother answers. "She wants us to know."

"But, why Caroline?" Bonnie speaks up this time.

"I don't know."

The room is left in silence, no one having anything else to add that would be of any help. Looking between the other individuals of the room and seeing that this isn't going anywhere any time soon, I sigh and look to Alaric.

"Well, after that enlightening conversation," I begin sarcastically, "Alaric, maybe you could shed some light on the Lockwoods." I suggest, gaining the others' attention.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" He says with the raise of his brows.

"Well, you wouldn't." Damon tells him. "But, your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." He points out.