Plan B {29}

¤~

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
Plan B

"It's not the future you are afraid of

"It's not the future you are afraid of. It's the fear of the past repeating itself that haunts you."

~ T.W.W.

¤~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

      Walking around the Lockwood mansion after school -- it having released two hours early today -- while preparations for the Masquerade Party are taking place, I spot Bonnie carrying a box.

"You're here." I smile as I approach her.

"I'm here." She agrees, returning the gesture.

Taking some candles from the box, I begin to help set up.

Luckily, everyone is already aware of the situation with Katherine, so I can avoid the drama with that.

'I never understood Bonnie when it came to that anyway. She didn't want to be involved with vampires because it's what her Grams wanted, yet she got upset when they respected her wishes and left her out of it?' I think to myself in confusion. 'Sure, maybe a little disappointing to be uninformed of what's going on; but at the same time, if you're not going to be involved, then what's the point in being told the drama?'

¤~

      Walking with Bonnie, we're stopped when Mason Lockwood accidentally runs in to her.

"Excuse me." He says apologetically to the witch before continuing to walk away.

Looking to the Bennett, I can see the confusion upon her features as she watches the werewolf walk away.

"You okay?" I ask at the same time Stefan questions, "What's the matter? You okay?" As he comes up to join us, also noticing Bonnie's expression.

"When I touched him, I saw something." She says slowly.

"What do you mean?" The vampire frowns.

"Like a vision?" I continue the thought curiously.

"I saw you." She looks to me.

"You saw Elena?"

"He was kissing her."

"No," Stefan nearly laughs in disbelief at the notion, "Bonnie, Elena wouldn't. . ." He trails off as it clicks what it is she could've actually seen. "You didn't see Elena, you saw. . . Katherine."