The Night of the Comet {03}

¤~

CHAPTER THREE
The Night of the Comet

"She was like the moon -- part of her was always hidden away

"She was like the moon -- part of her was always hidden away."

~ Unknown

¤~

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

      "Do I look adult?" Jenna asks me as I come out of my room after getting ready for the day. "As in respectfully parental?"

"You look amazing." I nod in approval. "Why? Where are you going?"

"Parent-teacher conference." She answers, causing me to grimace.

"Word of advice: take everything Tanner says with a grain of salt." I advise with the roll of my eyes. "The guy's a dick for literally no reason. I think he just gets-off on putting everyone down."

"Okay, then." She nods with the raise of her brows.

"Jeremy up yet?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, he's downstairs getting breakfast." She answers, looking over her outfit again to make sure everything is in order.

¤~

      "Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom." Bonnie tells us as we go through the fliers for the night of the comet, sitting outside The Grill after school. "The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Yes, very morbid." Caroline says flatly before turning to me eagerly. "So, then, what?" She asks me, referring to when I had told them about Stefan's visit after the party last night.

"Then, nothing." I shrug disinterestedly with the raise of my brows.

"You and Stefan talked for five minutes?" The blonde says incredulously. "There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy-feely of any kind?"

"If he had kissed me, I would have slapped the shit out of him." I inform the girl blandly. "Caroline, I don't know how many times I have to say I don't know anything about him. Even if I did, I still wouldn't be interested because we've only talked for maybe a total of thirty minutes in the past three days that we've known each other; and, out of those thirty minutes, it was polite small-talk or scolding, not anything deep or meaningful. And, I turned him down. Friend-zoned him." I press.