Founder's Day {22}

¤~

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
Founder's Day

"Still trying to heal from things I don't speak about

"Still trying to heal from things I don't speak about."

~ Unknown

¤~

Thursday, February 25, 2010

      Walking amongst the crowd in my corset dress after going home to change after school, I look around at everything in a bit of excitement while looking for Stefan. I've never had things like this at my schools in my old life, and I absolutely love dressing-up like this.

Granted, my ribs feel a bit sore and it's a little difficult to get a full breath of air, I still find this incredibly fun. It was difficult trying to find a good dress for this event, as Elena's would not compliment my personality like it did hers, and I didn't want to almost match Caroline's dress. I also didn't want to wear a darker colored dress than Caroline's because it would have drawn attention off of her, and this is Caroline's moment, since she won the pageant.

When looking for a dress for this event, it reminded me of when I was looking for a dress for the Miss Mystic Falls Court. I didn't want Elena's dress because I loath that shade of purple because it was my older half-sister's favorite color. I would've rather burned that dress than wear it, just to spite that bitch. . .

Finally, I spot Damon and Stefan speaking together. Damon is the first to spot me, making Stefan turn to see what he's looking at. Smirking, I send them a wave of my fingers.

Knowing what happens today, I made sure to tell Jeremy to tell Anna that if she visited today, she should leave before nightfall in case the spell to deactivate the device didn't work. Last I heard, she had agreed to listen. So, that's a relief, because I would have shot John if he hurt Anna because that would've meant he hurt Jeremy.

¤~

      It was such a disappointment having to take the corset dress off after the parade was over. I would've loved to have worn it the rest of the day until I got home, but I didn't want to be the only one wearing the costume and have people staring at me. . .

Sighing, I look around The Grill when Damon steps up beside me, making me look up at him.

"I like you better like this." He says. "The Period look, it. . . didn't suit you."

I pout at his words, genuinely feeling insulted.

"Dick! I actually liked dressing-up like that today!"