Blood Brothers {20}

¤~

CHAPTER TWENTY
Blood Brothers

"A lot of things broke my heart, but fixed my vision

"A lot of things broke my heart, but fixed my vision."

~ Unknown

¤~

Monday, February 15, 2010

      I've been avoiding John since he partially uncovered a tiny bit of my past. And, yes, that does mean that what my past-life uncle did to me wasn't the only thing -- nor the worst thing -- that happened to me in that life. Thankfully, the Salvatores have been generous enough to put up with me.

Bonnie wasn't an option because I didn't wanna bug her with my problems while she was dealing with her own. And, I love Caroline, but if I had to be stuck hearing her talking about the pageant anymore than the times we talk at school, I think I'd end up punching her. So, Salvatores it was. . .

Stepping in to the living room of the Salvatore home, I see Damon examining the Gilbert-device he got from Pearl as a show of peace.

"Did you ever figure out what that is?" I ask him curiously.

"Nope." He huffs. "Whatever it is, it doesn't work."

"Pearl tell you anything else about it?"

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket-watch . . . That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist. . ." He thinks aloud before looking to me. "Have you spoken to your uncle lately?"

"I've been avoiding him, actually. That's why I'm here." I raise my brows at the man.

"So, you'll be here again tonight?"

"Is that a problem?" I frown, completely willing to go home and suffer if either of them felt I was stepping on their toes.

"Yes." Damon says, trying to cover the smirk pulling at his lips as he looks at me playfully. "You're a complete nuisance."

I smile at his joking attitude as I roll my eyes and shake my head, turning towards the door.

"See you later, Damon." I call, lifting my hand over my shoulder as I flip him off.

¤~

      Arriving to school, I spot Jeremy just as Anna comes up to him with a bright smile. I can't help the soft smile that tugs at my lips as I watch them together. Quietly, I make my way up to them as they kiss.