Isobel {21}

¤~

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
Isobel

"She wears strength and darkness equally well; the girl has always been half-goddess, half-Hell

"She wears strength and darkness equally well; the girl has always been half-goddess, half-Hell."

~ Nikita Gill

¤~

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

      There's no school today, but we are required to go today in order to work on the planning and whatever for the Founder's Day Parade coming up. I returned to sleeping at home after saving Pearl and them, feeling bad for making the brothers worry about me, and not wanting to impose on them any longer now that I feel sure John isn't gonna bring up my past.

And, Stefan has been stuck to my side, making sure I don't get myself killed while I still have his brother's blood in me. So, here we are with Stefan lurking beside me as we step in to the crowded cafeteria.

"You know you don't have to be stuck up my ass all day, right?" I ask the Salvatore boy exasperatedly.

"I'm just--"

"--making sure nothing happens, I know. Again, I really do appreciate the concern. However, even if I am apparently a danger-magnet, it doesn't mean I can't take care of myself." I tell him sternly.

The vampire isn't able to respond with whatever he was going to say when Alaric, with a very pensive expression, comes striding up to us.

"What's up, Mr. Saltzman?" I question with a frown.

"Come with me. We need to talk."

¤~

      "Damon, thanks for coming." Alaric greets grimly as the vampire saunters in to the classroom we're in.

"Sorry I'm late. My dog ate my, uh. . ." He smirks at the teacher until he sees the vampire-hunter's and his brother's serious faces. "Nevermind. What's with all the furrowed brows?"

"I saw Isobel last night." Alaric explains.

"Isobel is here?" He continues after seeing the man nod. "In town?" He looks to me.

"Kind of hard for him to have seen her last night if she wasn't in town." I say to him with the raise of my brows, making him roll his eyes as he looks back at the vampire-hunter.