You're Undead to Me {05} Pt.1

¤~

CHAPTER FIVE
You're Undead to Me - Part One

CHAPTER FIVEYou're Undead to Me - Part One

"Clever as the Devil and twice as pretty."

~ Unknown

¤~

Monday, September 28, 2009

      Waking up bright and early, pissed off at the world for disturbing my beautiful resting time, I get ready for the day; glad I didn't have to see a half-naked Vicki Donovan in the bathroom so early in the morning.

The night of the Founder's Party, I had just pulled in when I saw her making her way up to the door. So, I yanked her by the hair and shoved her down the porch steps while threatening to press her for attempted stagitory rape charges if she kept pestering my brother, seeing as she was eighteen or nineteen and Jeremy's currently fourteen. While she layed winded on the sidewalk, I slammed and locked the door behind me.

The memory of that incident brings a tired, wistful smile to my lips as I make my way downstairs and to the kitchen to make my daily hot chocolate.

Leaning against the counter as I take a sip of my sugary drink, I watch in intrigue as Jenna smiles dreamily to herself.

"What's got you all smiley this early in the morning?" I tease lightly.

"I won't be home for dinner." She replies, her smile broadening now, like a schoolgirl crush.

"So, you're actually going to go on a date with Logan?" I smirk, remembering her mentioning his offer a couple days ago. "Does this mean I have to retract what I said to him at the party?" I pout.

"I'm going to show up and torture him, yes." She amends. "And, no, it was totally well-deserved." She answers, making me perk up happily. "Heard anything from your new friend?"

"Nope." I shrug. "Not since he left that random very vague message three days ago. 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days.'" I say, mocking Stefan's speech, making Jenna chuckle at my antics.

"Haven't you called him?" She asks curiously

"No." I shake my head. "He'll reach out when he's ready. I'm not going to pressure him for answers he's not ready to give."

"Okay, then." The strawberry-blonde shrugs.

¤~