Apologies

As the door opened, May looked at him and stepped out of the way, letting him walk into the apartment and put the eggs down on the kitchen counter.

Y/N took a breath and turned to look at May.

"I'm sorry, for what I said the other night." Y/N said as May nodded.

"I know." May said gently.

"I know it's no excuse, but, I'm just...I had enough of everyone looking at me like I'm the one to blame when Flash starts a fight with me, everyone's double standards, telling me to stand up for myself but when I do the punish me for it, everyone constantly giving me grief for something that I didn't want in the first place." Y/N said as May leant against a table.

"Y/N, I'm glad you kicked his ass. Really, you're standing up for yourself and others, and it makes me so pleased. But I'm also worried, I don't, I don't want you to end up like him, I've seen it happen, people start off standing up for themselves and then they keep going, they don't stop and then they end up picking on people, they become the people they hate, it's too easy for that to happen." May said as she looked at Y/N's guilt ridden face and walked up to him, hugging him and holding him close. "It's okay. I forgive you."

"Thank you, May." Y/N said as he returned the hug.

When the hug broke, Y/N went into his and Peters room, to see Peter working away at his homework.

"Hey Pete." Y/N said as he walked into the room.

"Hey." Pete said gruffly, Y/N decided to leave the matter alone, climbing onto his bunk of the bed and reading a book, Peter turned and saw Y/N reading.

That evening after dinner, Y/N cleaned the table and washed the dishes as Peter put a film on the TV and sat with May. When he had finished his chores, Y/N went straight to bed, his eyes closing as soon as his head hit the pillow...