One Year

Wille pov:

I loved to make surprise visits to Simon. I usually planned it twenty-four hours in advance (mostly with Linda) but I always succeeded. Only this time I had been planning for a few weeks. Simon and I had our one year anniversary. I wanted something special not just a boring box of chocolates or a little heart. I wanted to give him something that would show him that I will love him forever and that he is mine forever.

It took a few weeks, but I had a promise ring made that had "W+S" engraved on the inside. It was special and even though it was expensive, I would pay the money over and over again. I just wanted him to have something that would let him know how much I cared about him.

Simon pov:

One year. 365 days. And I enjoyed every single one of them. We fighted like one, two times but I couldn't be mad at Wille, and Wille was to scared I would leave. But I would never. He will never get rid of me anymore.

I had already ordered Willes present. It was a little green frog with a golden crown. I knew what it would mean to him. The snow globe was the only personal thing Erik had left for Wille. And then it was gone. From that day on I knew I would by him something new. Close to it at least.

But then, on our day(it was a Saturday), Wille wrote me in the morning that he couldn't come. I was destroyed. It should've been the one day we spent entirely with each other. We couldn't do it the weeks before so we wanted to use that day. But there we were.

I cried for half an hour before my mom came in and tried to comfort me. But it hurt too much. "He's coming here tomorrow, Simon," she said in her most affectionate Spanish. "I know." I replied, holding my pillow even closer to me. "I'll get you a water and then we'll just talk." She kissed my forehead and left my room.

Wille pov:
I had been planning this with Linda for a long time and so far everything was going according to plan. In the morning I wrote Simon the message:

Wille:
I can't make it. My mom had a spontaneous appointment and I have to come with her. I am so sorry.

Simon:
Oh no. And you really can't make it somehow?

Wille:
sadly no. I will come tomorrow though. I love you.

Simon:
Love you too❤️

I knew he didn't like that. I didn't either. I didn't like lying to him, but that's the way it was, otherwise the surprise wouldn't have worked. At 11:15 I was standing in front of Malin's door. With her I had already discussed a few days before when I had to be where. So we drove to Simme. Linda wrote me that Simon was totally destroyed. And I felt so bad that I knew I would greet him with an apology.

I held on to my jacket with one hand and knocked with the other. Linda opened. "Wilhelm! Malin." she said, smiling at both of us. "Wait in the kitchen. I'll be right back." the right back quickly turned into 5 minutes.

Linda opened the door of the washroom and closed it again behind her. "I told him I would get him a glass of water. You bring it to him," she whispered to me and we headed for the kitchen. She filled a glass with water and handed it to me. "Have fun and good luck that he's not too mad." I laughed softly and went back to Simon.

I knocked and a quiet tearful "Come in." came from Simon and I opened the door. "Hey, Simon." I said with the apologetic tone that had already planted itself in my voice. Simon's eyes widened and he froze. I put the glass on his desk and sat down next to him. "Is everything okay?" I asked and instead of an answer he fell around my neck. "Happy one year." I murmured in his ear and held him even tighter.

We sat like that for 10 minutes. Just enjoying the moment until simon broke away from me. he hit my arm with his fist. "Ow." I matured. "I'm still pissed. You said you weren't coming." he said sourly. "I wanted to surprise you. And I'm sorry I did it that way," and I pulled him back towards me. "It's okay. Then I can give you your gift right now." he said and jumped up. "I told you not to buy me anything." I whined. "And you didn't buy me anything?" he asked and I laughed because we both knew the answer.

Simon went through his room and hollowed out a small box. I took out my ring box for Simon from my jacket pocket until I realized that it would look like a proposal and not a promise ring. So I took it out of the box.

"May I start?" I asked, and Simon hesitated briefly but then nodded. I opened my hand and gave Simon the ring. "It is a promise. The promise that I love you. That I did for the last year and will do for the next years." and I saw Simon's eyes fill with tears. "Hey it's okay." I said and pulled him close to me. "I know. But now my gift feels a little lame." he said and I giggled. "I don't think so." And Simon leaned away and stood up. On his nightstand was a necklace. No pendant. Just a necklace. He opened it and hung the ring on it. Then put it on. "I'd rather wear it on my heart than on my finger." he said, and kissed me. "Now mine." I said excitedly and took off my coat.

Simon pov:

I took the small box from the floor and gave it to Wille. "I hope you like it." I murmured, looking nervously at Wille. He opened the box and looked into it. And now his eyes filled with tears too. "Oh Simon." he said and took the little frog out. "Thank you." he said and hugged me tightly. "Will I have to breathe too." I said and he let go of me again. "It's a keychain. So you can put it on your locker key. I know how much it means to you and how hurtful it was when the snowglobe broke." I said and Wille kissed me. "Thank you, Simme." he said. "That one stays with me now. It won't leave me." "The ring won't leave me either," I said and smiled at him.

We spent the day cuddeling, watching movies and going for walks. Then at six in the evening Wille took my hand. "Come on, we have to go," he said, and I looked at him, puzzled. "Where are you going?" I asked, still confused. "You'll see." he said and we got dressed.

Malin drove us a long way to a restaurant which looked very expensive from the outside. "Do you have a reservation?" I asked and Wille shook his head. "I'm the crown prince." and I laughed. "Can we just go out for pizza? And then just eat in my room? Like we usually do." The moment Wille said that to Malin, she was already driving off.

I had a pizza with salami and peperoni and Wille had a margarita. We watched a movie. While we ate Wille hold me close. At some point I fell asleep. I had a light sleep. So I noticed how Wille pulled away from me, cleaned up a bit and tucked me in. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and left the room.

Wille pov:

"How was your day?" asked Linda as I entered the kitchen. "It was wonderful. Did you have anything for dinner yet? I still have some of my pizza left." I said as I settled down at the kitchen table, my pizza box in hand. Malin was no longer here. When I told her I was staying the night, she calmed down and left. "Thanks Wille. I'm really glad Simon has you." she said and took my hand. "Before you came, he was having a really hard time. Not because of him, but because of Sara. And you saved him from getting too involved. Thank you Wilhelm. Thank you for being here." "Can I give you a hug?" I asked, and Linda nodded.

We ate pizza together and Linda told me a bit about Simon as a toddler. "Oh, there's one thing I'm missing. But don't ever tell him I told you that." she said, leaning forward a bit. "When he was twelve, he had a picture of you hanging over his bed." and she laughed. "No..." I said, dumbfounded. "He had a crush on you then." and I started laughing with her. "I told you never to tell him that." said a slightly angry voice that could easily be attributed to Simon. "I'm sorry, mi amor." said Linda, taking the empty pizza box and disappearing into the kitchen. "But honestly is that true?" I asked as Simon settled down next to me. He hesitated. After a few seconds he answered: "Yes..." he said and buried his face in my shoulder. I laughed and took him in my arms.

"I love you," I said. Simon pulled back a little. He put his hands on my cheeks. "I love you too," he answered and kissed me.

_______________
They make me happy.
Thank you so much for 1,14 k reads.

You can hold my hand, in a crowded place, but just hold me close and hope that they don't see my face. - James Marriott