Sickness

Wille pov:

„Where is he?" I asked Felice for the third time that day. „No Wille. I do not know where he is and I didn't know the last two times you asked." She sounded a bit anoyed but also worried now. He was not in school the whole day. No call, no messages, no anything. I was going crazy. I had sent him so many messages, all unread. I called him so many times, no response. And when he didn't show up for choir practice either, it was over.

"Okay." I said, jumping up from my chair in front of the library. "I'll go there now. I can't sit here and do nothing, when I don't know where the fuck Simme is." and Felice didn't seem surprised about my reaction. "Write to me later, please. I'm starting to get worried too." I nodded and then stormed out of the room.

Wilhelm:
I have to get home to Simon. Now!
Malin:
Crown Prince, I'm standing in front of the main building with the car as usual.
Wilhelm:
I'll be right there. Have to go to my room again.
Malin:
I'll get there by car.

I threw my stuff on my bed and got a thin jacket out of my closet. Even though it was spring and it should have been warmer by now. I looked at my phone again and there was still no message from Simon. So I grabbed my keys, locked my room door and stepped out of the building to Malin, who was already waiting in front of the car.

The drive to Simon's felt way too long, and having to check my phone every two minutes for messages from Simon didn't shorten it. I rushed out of the car and tried to calm down. He always answered, especially when it was me. I knocked on the door but none answered. I knocked again. "Simon, it's me. Wilhelm. Please let me in." For a second I thought he wasn't home eighter but then, through the window, I could see something wrapped in a blanket coming to the door. It opened only a few moments later.

"Hi." said Simon. His voice was weak, his eyes were glassy and he looked as if he would collapse at any moment. "Hey." I said, closing the small gap between us. My hands went to his cheeks so I could hold him if he'd collapsed. "I was worried." and I tried to cheer him up with a smile but when he didn't smile back but his eyes slowly closed, my played smile disappeared again. I put one arm on his back, the other in the crook of his knees, lifted him up and carried him to his room.

His bed was messy just like his room. Next to his bed was a bucket and next to it was his cell phone. And as weak as he was, I knew he couldn't reach it. So I put Simon down on his bed and covered him up. He opened his eyes again and I sat down at the edge of his bed. "Why are you here? You should be at school. Shouldn't you?" Simme said before his eyes closed again and his hand tried to cover his face. "Simme, please. You haven't been answering any calls or messages. I was really worried about you. And justifiably so." I told him and took his hand away again.

"I just ate something wrong." Simme mumbled. "Even so. You know that I'd drop everything when you're feeling bad. But you need sleep. So please, sleep. If there is anything, I'm here." I gave him a kiss on the forehead and before he could protest I left his room and closed the door behind me.

Only now did I see the note on the kitchen table.

Simon, I had to go to work earlier than expected. Have a nice day at school. And say hi to Wilhelm from me.

I thought about what I could do. If I was already there, I could also make myself useful. So I did a few things in the house. Dishes, laundry and cleaned a bit so Simon didn't have to do it. Not like he could do it anyway. In the castle I had people who did these things for me, but Linda and Simon thought that it would be good to know how to do it myself. What Simon also showed me was how to feed Olle, Oski and Felle. So I did that too.