Mine

Wille pov:

"Wille!" shouted Simon as he ran across the schoolyard to me. I turned my head and saw him quicken his pace with a bottle in his hand and drop down on the grass beside me.
"First of all, hello darling." he said to me and gave me a kiss. I put my hand on his cheek and tried to pull the kiss longer but Simon pulled back. My head dropped to the back of my neck.
"Hello Simme." I said and looked over at him. He held the bottle out to me and I took it gratefully.

"So," Simon began as I took a sip, "I noticed we haven't had a date in a while." He flopped down on his back and looked up at me. I lay down next to him and the breeze from the spring to summer change blew through his hair.

But Simon was right. With all the exams, we hardly had time to do anything. "Are you asking me out right now?" I asked, turning my head to Simon. My little finger tangled with his. "Maybe." said Simon, turning his smiling head to me.

"How about that:" Simon began, laying belly on belly on top of me and I wrapped my arms around his back, "We go out to dinner tonight, for a date and to celebate that exam weeks are over, then we go for walk and then we stay at my place. Mom's not there tonight and neither is Sara." He drew little circles on my chest with his index finger.
"Sounds like a plan," I said with a smile and Simon stood up and I did the same.

"I'll be at your place around five, okay?" I asked as we walked to the bus stop. "Good." said Simon as the bus was about to pull up. "See you later then." I gave him another quick kiss before he got on the bus and drove away. Then just before I was standing in front of Forest Ridge again, my cell phone vibrated.

Simon:
Miss you :(

Simon pov:

I had just put on my pants and socks when the doorbell rang. On the clock it was half past four. I went to the door, hair wet and only half dressed.
"Sorry, I'm a little early," Wilhelm said, smiling in my face as I opened the door. I just smiled because I couldn't move. His eyes ran over my body. They stopped at my middle for a moment, then went back up and lingered on my lips. I gave him a quick kiss before disappearing back into my room and hearing footsteps behind me. While I put on my T-shirt I looked at Wille.

He was wearing black jeans and... "Is that my sweater?" I asked, smirking. "Maybe. If you steal mine I get to steal yours." he said and I crossed my arms. "Hey. I'm not stealing them. I'm borrowing them."
He took a step toward me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Whatever you say." he said, giving me a kiss on the forehead. "I really hate you," I said. And another kiss, this time on my cheek. "Is that so?"
"Yep." Now a kiss on my mouth.
"You love me Simon."
"You're lucky you're right." This time I gave him the kiss before pushing past him and walking to my shoes. A smirk on my lips.

After I finished tying my shoes, Wille took my hand and led me out. Malin drove us to a restaurant in the center of Bjärstad. Wille clarified everything and we were led to our table. And while doing so, he never let go of my hand. A proud smile crept on my lips as we sat down.
We placed our drink orders and the waiter left. "How are you?" I asked, looking at him anxiously. I knew how stressful such phases were for him. Also a reason I just wanted to talk to him. "Better. Like really. It's so liberating to finally be able to talk to you and not have it be about tests. So can we push that aside, please?" he asked and I smiled and nodded.

We talked. It felt so damn good to just talk to Wille again. And as he had said, not about the examen but about us. About my family, his family. It was like a balm to my soul to just hear him talk, to hear his voice in a happy tone. And saw we sat there talking and when our meals came we didn't stop talking. Obviously we also ate, but one talked and the other ate. And that in turn.

After a while Wille just sat there and just looked at me. For a few minutes I just let him and then looked at him too. "What are you thinking about, Wille?"
"How on earth I earned you." he took my hand from under the table. "How I managed to hold you even when we went through hell. That I love you so damn much."
"I love you too, Wille. Forever."

The waiter came and interrupted the moment, taking our plates. "I'd like to pay in a minute then." said Wille.
"You'll have to do that at the front of the counter, please." the waiter said with a smile and walked away.
"I'll go pay and go to the bathroom before we go. Will you wait outside, darling?" I nodded and Wille gave me a kiss on the cheek, and then he was gone.

Wille pov:

I left the restroom and went to the cash register to pay. The man behind the counter said the price and I just paid. I thanked the man again, who also thanked me before I went outside. On the opposite side of the street I saw Simon... with another guy. I slowly walked closer to hear the conversation.

"Why won't you give me your number?" And the sentence was enough to give me an absolutely disgusting feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. I briefly thought about when I last had it and only one name came to mind: Marcus. I didn't like the feeling at all. Because I didn't want to be jealous. But Simon was mine. No matter how, where, or what time. Simon was mine.

I took a few more steps forward and put my arm provocatively around Simon's shoulder, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Babe, shall we?" I asked, looking up at the guy whose jaw was now on the floor. "Crow... Crown-"
"Crown Prince Wilhelm. What's your name?" I asked, holding out my hand with only a very small smirched smile on my lips. Next to me, I noticed Simon suppressing a laugh.

The guy looked at my hand and turned to leave. When he was out of earshot, Simon laughed out loud and I did the same. But quickly stopped again to just listen to him. "And I thought all of Sweden knew about us," Simon said, taking my hand as we walked to the car. "I smelled alcohol. I don't think he was that sober either."

Simon laughed again and it officially became my favorite sound.

———————

A/N: A little self-promotion: I have started a new story. I would mean everything to me, if you would take a look. I've been working on it for a few weeks now. I'll try to update every Saturday. :]

But you're all it takes for me to break a promise, silly me to fall in love with you - Billie Eilish