Taxi

Year 3 of Wilmon at Hillerska:

Wille pov:

"I really have to go, Wille," Simon said. I looked at him sadly, but that subsided as the sun fell on his face, accentuating his jaw. But I had to keep discussing: "But it's Friday. We had a dinner date. You can't just cancel that. We had already seen each other so rarely in the last few weeks." I whined and pulled him into a goodbye hug because I knew it was useless to talk to him anyway. He was just stubborn.

"I'm sorry after all. But I really have to go, Wille. I'll be late and I don't want to be late." he said and gave me a kiss before disappearing into the bus. And away he went. What to do now? I turned away from the bus stop and walked toward Forest Ridge.

"Wille!" a voice called behind me as I walked past the common room. I turned around and Henry was facing me, poking his head out of the common room. "Come here." he said, going back inside again. I smirked briefly to myself and then followed him into the room.

"Wilhelm." The others greeted me as I dropped down on the sofa next to Valter. "What's up?" I asked absently. My thoughts were on a possible lunch with Simme. We had a few hours off today because it was very sunny.

Now I was sitting here, with my friends, who put a small stack of cards in my hand. "We play cards." Henry finally said. So we played and completely forgot about the time.

"Where is Simon, anyway? You guys are inseparable, especially on Fridays?" asked Valter, and I rolled my eyes.
"First of all, that's not true. We are not inseparable. And secondly, guess what, Simon has appointments too." That for some reason I didn't know what appointments they were, no one needed to know. Besides, it came across a bit pissy so I apologized directly for my tone.

"Has anyone actually started studying for the final exam next week in math?" asked Alexander after a short silence and played his next card. Just about everyone shook their heads. I nodded proudly. "Started a few days ago. Math is always supposed to be the hardest test." Everyone nodded in agreement.

Since the final exams for the third grade were coming up, no one really had time for anything. Rowing practice was therefore cancelled for the third graders. Not that it would interest me. I had already said goodbye to rowing two years earlier. One thing that also fell away was hanging out with Simon without having to study. It was kinda painful.

When we finished at 2:30 in the afternoon, groups of all the boys formed in the Forest Ridge common room. A few first graders rappelled into a corner to do homework, a few others disappeared with second graders onto the school grounds or to rowing practice which started at three.

A few third graders spontaneously wanted to go to Bjärstad and get something to eat. "Are you coming with us, Wille?" asked Henry. "Can't. I have to study," I said and waved goodbye as I finally walked towards my room.

I could have gone with him. But I had to start studying for something other than math. After all, we still had Swedish and Economics final exams. When I entered my room, I noticed how stuffy it was, so I opened my window.

As I went to reach for my economics folder it wasn't there. "Oh come on." I groaned, grabbing my locker key and heading back to the school building. I'd stay right in the library to study. I didn't feel like walking back anyways.

Simon pov:

„Last curve, Simon. To the right." said Phillip, my driving instructor. I put on my blinker and turned right into the driveway of the driving school building. I parked carefully and turned off the engine. I started out the window for a few seconds until Phillip spoke.

"So Simon," he began, "I'm amazed. You only drove a little too fast once, but that's not too bad. Apart from that, I didn't notice any mistakes. And I know how much pressure and stress you're under right now." I nodded and an inevitable anticipation built up inside me and at that point I forgot my completly sweaty and shaky hands. "Does that mean..." - "It means you passed. Step out of the car once, please." he said, and so we did. As we stood in front of the car Phillip handed me a card, my driver's license.