Museum

Wille pov:

„And don't forget to be on time tomorrow," said our geography teacher, while the class was already packing up. From the class there was only a murmur of agreement and everyone started to leave the room. Just as I took Simon's hand to leave with him behind Felice and Maddison, our teacher stopped us.

"Crown Prince, Simon? Can you both come back here for a minute?" she asked and I looked at Simon questioningly for a moment. He looked as confused as I did, so we just took two steps back. "Of course. What's going on?" I asked politely.

"I was just wondering if, because of our trip tomorrow, any security measures have been taken that I might need to know about," she said. First I wonderes why my mother didn't just call the school and then I rummaged briefly in my mind for the conversation with my mother from a week ago.

"You can go. But you're taking two bodyguards with you. And I hope you know that's non-negotiable. This is for the safety of you and Simon." she said on her phone. I nodded even though I knew she wouldn't see it anyway. "Understandable. Thank you," I said.
"I Love you, Wilhelm." she said before hanging up.

I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I should say majesty, queen or mother. "My mother has already taken care of that. They'd be riding in a car behind the bus tomorrow." I finally said and my teacher grinned. "Good, that'll be all, thank you." she said and Simon and I walked out the door.

Felice had coffee in her hand when we came out. "So the cafeteria wasn't as crowded as you thought?" I asked, happily accepting my coffee. So did Simon. "Not really. What was it about with her?" she asked, nodding to our teacher who was just leaving the classroom and nodding to us again. "Was just about security stuff." I said after smiling back. "Uh-huh." she said, said goodbye and went back to Sara, Maddison, Stella and Frederika.

"So what do we do now?" I now asked, turning to Simon. He shrugged his shoulders. "Go for a walk?" I asked innocently, and by the time I had spoken, Simme was halfway out the door.

During the walk we agreed that it would be more practical if Simon would just sleep with me tonight. Even though we both knew that we simply did not want to spend the night apart from each other. So Simon called Linda on the way back.

He spoke fast Spanish therefore I got only individual sections with. But I still had to ask again when he hung up.
"And?"
"It's okay for her. But she's still worried about tomorrow." he said, putting his cell phone in his jacket pocket. "Understandable." I agreed with Linda, even though she couldn't hear me.

By the time we got back there was already dinner. So we didn't even go to my room. By now, no one asked when Simme spontaneously sat at the table. At our corner was of course, the excursion tomorrow a big topic.

When the meal was over, everyone went back to Forest Ridge. There a few went into the common room, others went out again and the rest went to their rooms. Among others also Simon and me. My social battery was empty. Only for Simon it was always fully charged.

As soon as my face hit my pillow, I fell asleep. I still felt how Simon crawled next to me and cuddled up to me.

Simon pov:

I woke up before Wille and turned around so that I could look him in the face. There was finally a clock on his wall. Six thirty. Half an hour until breakfast. I looked at Wille again and enjoyed the moment. The moment when he breathed calmly; when he smiled a little in his sleep; when I felt his warmth radiating.
Through the window fell the first rays of sunrise and they dipped Wille's face in a light mixture of red, orange and yellow. Beautiful. But I knew that we really had to get up now.