Come Back Home

Simon pov:

"How do you do it?" asked Wilhelm, and I grinned. "What do you mean, my darling?" Wilhelm was now looking at me with a slightly red face. "How do you always manage to make me feel at home, no matter where I am." - "Boyfriend magic."
A light laugh sounded from my cell phone chatter and I continued to look at Wille who was lying in his hotel bed in Italy. A comfortable silence fell between us.

After our graduation Wilhelm had to go more and more often to foreign appointments, to which I usually could not go. So I sat alone in a double bed in an apartment on the outskirts of Stockholm, while Wille was in Italy. Unfair.

Wilhelm got up and made himself some tea while I went towards the living room. I placed my cell phone on the piano's music stand and began to play a melody that had been haunting me for the last few days. I looked at my fingers on the keys and saw only in the corner of my eye how Wilhelm sat down again and just listened.

I played for a few more minutes. Wille had finished his tea in the meantime.
"That was beautiful," he said, and I smiled. I wish you were here, I thought, but didn't say it. "Thank you." I said simply and felt a slight warmth gathering in my face. "Simon, I'm afraid I have to go. I'll call you back." Wille said with a smile and my heart sank. No words in the world could describe how much I wanted to kiss that smile. How much I wanted to hold Wilhelm in my arms. Just hold him and in the best case never let go again.

„Okay. Call me as soon as you can tho. I love you."
Wilhelm noded. „I will, promise. I love you too." and then he hung up. I opened our chat again before texting him and then puttung my phone away.

Simon:
Come back home, love.

Wilhelm pov:

"Crown Prince... are you ready?" asked Malin as I pushed my suitcase into the hotel hallway. "Absolutely." And with that she took my suitcase from me and we walked towards the lobby. I checked out and we got into the van that would take us to the airport. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, a message visible on my homescreen:

Simon:
Come back home, love.

"Very soon, darling." I whispered so softly that only I could hear it and looked out the window of the van with anticipation as Rome passed us by.
There, a private jet was already waiting to take me and my two security people home. Earlier than planned, one must note.

It was planned that I would have had to stay two days longer. Because there should have been another conference on which I had to be present. But said was cancelled for some reason (no one had really told me why). So we could fly home two days earlier, although I had consciously decided not to tell Simon about it, to surprise him.

When the plane was in the air, I took four comic books out of my backpack, which I wanted to read in Italy, but didn't have the time, and Simon would have killed me if I had come home with his unread Hearstopper comics. So I opened the first one and started reading.

Just as I finished reading all of the four books, (I was a very slow reader) our pilot said we were about to land. So I packed everything up and buckled up again. After a good landing, I thanked the pilot personally and got into the car that was already waiting for us.

"Malin?" I asked with a spontaneous idea. From the passenger seat she turned and gave me her full attention. "Could we maybe stop at a flower store again?"
She just nodded, said something to the driver, and we drove off.

Simon pov:

When I thought about it, it was really pathetic how much I was sometimes attached to Wille. So much that even food tasted strange when he was not close. So I had not eaten so much in the last few days. Or rather less than I would normally eat. So I didn't eat for lunch again and to distract myself I just started cleaning up. What I actually did every Saturday.

I started by hanging up the laundry. After that I put on some music and started doing the dishes that I had been putting off for days. I danced a bit through the kitchen when I put away a plate or a cup. Through the Bluetooth box sounded the song Rush by Troye Sivan and I made my way to the bedroom.
While I was re-covering the bed, I realized that cleaning up had actually helped to distract me. Amen. Otherwise I probably would have ended up back on the couch watching another Disney movie.

I turned the music down and checked to see if Wille had texted me when he called. "Hey!" I said happily and flopped down on the bed. "Hey my darling. Did you...did you change the bed sheets?" he asked with a more perplexed tone. He kind of always did, though.

"Yes, Wille. I am powerful of adult life." I said simply laughing and Wille grinned. "How are you?" I asked, getting up to go into the living room. "Fine, actually. Only problem: I forgot my keys."
I raised an eyebrow. "That's what's bothering you right now? That you don't have your key with you?" I stopped in the hallway

"Yes. Because I can't get into the apartment now." said Wilhelm laughing, which confused me more, but that was exactly the laugh I heard somewhere nearby. "Wille?"
"Yes, darling?"
"Are you at home?"
"Why don't you check?" he said with a grin and hung up.

I went to the door as if something magically drew me there and when I opened it there stood Wille with his suitcase to his left and a small bouquet of flowers in his right hand.
"Hey." he said softly and I fell around his neck.

"You came back home." I whispered happily.
"I came back home." He confirmed and pulled me even closer to him.

------
You're so pretty, when you smile it kills me - Wasia Project